Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure what to do

Options
  • 20-07-2005 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have read posts on personal issues before i found the information about dating/relationship to be very helpful. But i must admit my feelings have gotten the best of me and looking for advice.

A good few months ago, me and my mates started to hang around with a group of girls. The girl i am speaking of..... at first i didn't fancy her, but as i got to know her personality more i felt/became more attracted to her. We started to get to know each other and signs showed that she liked me also. But apparently, so did her closest friend. Everything was well until she began to avoid me and became distant. Her friend had intervened and out of respect for the friend she backed off, and i was hung dry. But i felt i must tell this girl how i feel, i told her that i would like to go out with her but her reply was " Could i think about it? ". A few days passed as i anxiously waited for some sort of answer, she then told me (by text btw) that she didn't want us breaking up later on and not being friends.

She also pointed out that she hoped there would be no awkwardness between us, but then she herself started acting all awkward, i would try say hello to her but before i even got to finish the word she would be off away from me as fast as she could. That was over a month ago, but now things are starting to go well again. I really like this girl, iv never felt this way about any girl. But i feel that she did it out of respect for her friend. But i cant understand if she did like me and i liked her that we couldn't be together, if her friend was a real friend, she would not mind this at all. I'm just worried that ill be messed around again, if show any feeling towards her again. What should i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you should try meeting some new people and stop getting hung up on one person at such a young and tender age.
    you will have manay relationships in your life. you will change a considerable amount over the next 20 years and so will every girl you meet.
    dont think that the one that you meet next week will be a life long love afair. it wont.
    it will be brief, and more often than not it will be a horrible mistake. but you will get better and eventually you will find someone that you care about and you will start to have long term relationships.

dont try and analyse women (or men) too much at this stage. if someone acts strange, its usually because they are confused and frustrated and cant get their head around their own feelings.
    they are not playing games with you or trying to hurt you, they just havent a clue how to condusct themselves. probably much the same way you are feeling.
    if you feel you need to tell this girl something, then for the love of god, do it.

if you dont, then just be yourself, move on, and stop worrying about her, her friends, your friends, anyones friends, gods friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Don't take that man, play it cool, don't wait for her and if it happens it happens. I guess that kinda stuff happens alot, sounds like somethin that happened to my mate actually. Ha! Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What age group are we talking about here? Seems pretty young - or behaving pretty young , overswayed by peer pressure. I'd leave it be.
    There will be others and if she can't appreciate you for what you are then it's her loss(This is the mantra :p )

Advertisement