Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poem

Options
  • 20-07-2005 7:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Actually ended up writing somethign else on it here a kind of full story or whatever.

I wrote this just now. I am just putting it out there for freindly constructive advice. I've only written one handful of poems in my time, so its not constructed in any particular way other than one that makes sense to me.

There are some personal things that won't be relavant to any reader, for example the "music, Of a youth that was not ours, And yet we shared." is relavant to how we both loved Rory Gallagher and the love was passed on from our respective parents.

Thanks in advance,

Jess
    _____

For Bunny 20/7/05

Your happiness is something,
    That you were so well known for,
    Now your happiness is something,
    You'll be well remembered for.

Your freedom of heart,
    Your love of music,
    Your passion for a good time.

Thoughts of you will float,
    In and out of my mind,
    Everyime I listen to the music,
    Of a youth that was not ours,
    And yet we shared.

And now your times are over,
    washed away,
    How sad it is this day,
    to know we won't share a friendley pint,
    And a mention of good memories.

You've left so young it's so very hard to belive
    You're not here somewhere,
    Other than our hearts and our minds.

I hope you'll sail to a better place,
    Taken from this plain and into the next.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

I liked it. I much prefer poems that are personal to the writer rather than decipherable to the reader. It makes them more special. I like poems that penetrate you rather than you penetrating it. This poem was one of them. The lack of structure and rhyme did not affect its impact or flow. I read it 4 or 5 times.

Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolances.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

why exactly did you choose this piece for friendly constructive criticism?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Initally I wasnt too sure of myself, but I a few friends read it over, and then I felt more confident in the poem. however, this happened after I posted looking for help.

Thanks tho.

Advertisement