Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plazza closed of to Public.

Options
  • 20-07-2005 4:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Now, why would that be? At a guess, id say 'cause of the scum that go in and wreck the place?

Any offical word on whats going on and any plans on when re-opens??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Sully04 wrote:
    Now, why would that be? At a guess, id say 'cause of the scum that go in and wreck the place?

Any offical word on whats going on and any plans on when re-opens??

The council could cough up for a guard that goes between the park and plaza. Dublin has guards for stephen's green and even for a ****ty little footbridge in the IFSC!

Maybe there'd not enough cash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sully04 wrote:
    id say 'cause of the scum that go in and wreck the place?

castration would erradicate this problem in 20 - 30 years

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its already been covered to a degree in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265911

Bloody scumbags...this is why we can't have nice things :(

where is the skateboarder to deny all knowledge and existance of any crap going on and that its all a big conspiracy. muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think they have just kept it closed off so they can figure out what to do with it. There has been thousands of euros worth of damage done to over the past few years.

A security guard would be a good idea, however the people who seem to be doing the damage are the type who think it's cool to pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to authority and wouldnt take any notice of the security guard.

What we need is a increased Garda presence who will make the people not want to be at the Plaza. Search them all the time for drugs and drink, substances that may I say they usually have on them and just make their general time at the Plaza to be a pain in the arse. That should sort it out anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

What about security cameras?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

angry_fox wrote:

imho I can't see them working at all and they'd be a total waste of money, UNLESS they were monitored and when something happened somebody would be sent out to arrest someone or whatever is needed...which won't happen
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Do cctv of the plazza. And then when you get pictures of people destroying it and you can prove it then just put there pictures in the munster express saying these people are involved in destroying our city.

I know they do it in england with football tugs.

They had security cameras there, but they didnt deter people from vandalising anything!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Gardai rarley raid that place. And from what im told they never really say anything to anyone anyway, and most of them just run away from the area. I saw it happen once myself - one cop ran after em followed by one lad in a car.

So if we had tougher police/security presence there regulary with a good few CCTV cameras monitored - when they see someone do something, give info to gardai who make arrests etc.

• Advertisement

The place is open now, and any time i drive past its full of kids

They have placed a fully working CCTV system there now. Before they just had dummy cameras!

Everything is pristine at the moment so we'll just have to see if the cameras deter vandalism!

They have placed a fully working CCTV system there now. Before they just had dummy cameras!

Everything is pristine at the moment so we'll just have to see if the cameras deter vandalism!

Can#'t see them working, shame really
    :(

Thats cos you have to go up REAL close to them and look for a flashing red LED :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

angry_fox wrote:

It's got a web cam... or does that not work any more

As posted, they now have a full array of security cameras in operation there. As for the webcam, thats working fine as far as I know (they were broadcasting tall ships images from it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

why dont they spend the money on some where to keep the kids occupied, skateboarding park is closed i think. Maybe where the old army barracks was give some land there for a youth like centre with maybe somewhere to play ball, skateboard, graffiti and stuff, why not?

youth detention is what they need, not recreational areas, i saw people skateboarding at that place the other day so it isnt closed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah Mossy u hate em dont ya!? Well all seems well there now.

Saw some on boards outside City Square but cops came and told em to move off to the sk8 park on the Cork Road (if ye can fit hahahahaha)

In general there are no youth facilities in waterford. All people do is give out about the kids, we aint looking for solutions. Twas pretty crap been a teenager in waterford, back in the day....

• Advertisement

angry_fox wrote:
    In general there are no youth facilities in waterford. All people do is give out about the kids, we aint looking for solutions. Twas pretty crap been a teenager in waterford, back in the day....

Hence the reason for them to run wild and cause lots of damage and destruction? Hrm. Ya.

Advertisement