Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Mod

Options
  • 01-07-2001 2:39pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It just occured to me that Bob would make a good mod for this board...

What do you say Bob? you up for it?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I am indeed DeVore- there's loads of interesting things happening- and I'm soooooo grateful to have a board where I can post a scientific discovery/news item without it getting shot down by either moral pontification (Humanities), practical nonviability(Technology) or just downright "your thread doesn't belong here- go post it on forum X".

Looks like we have a few more posts than when I logged on this morning, so I might actually have some work to do smile.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Veni Vidi Vici=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Saw the board mod thread and I was just about to suggest Bob smile.gif He's prettymuch perfect for it, having such knowledge of the subject matter, and he's always been consistent in the high quality of his posts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I just thought i'd lend my support to Occy. biggrin.gif
    You can make your posts as long as you want now Occy. wink.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Right, that was easy...

Bob it is... now I have to type your name in correctly into the mod's area smile.gif

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob the Unlucky Octopus:
    and I'm soooooo grateful to have a board where I can post a scientific discovery/news item without it getting shot down by either moral pontification (Humanities)
    </font>

I'll be watching you.....

• Advertisement

I don't mind being watched CT- Newcastle fans are always sooooooooooo insecure tongue.gif ...leave it to us Gooners to be the chilled out variety biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Errare Humanum Est=

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I said it from the start - If ANYONE was to be a new mod, it had to be Bob...

I even spilled out my love... errrr, support for Occy in the Admin Board...

Fair play to you Occy my ole mucka, long live the Penguin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Yay, go Occy you crazy science dude you! smile.gif

It's just a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

Lucy la morte.

W00t- cheers peeps- seems to be pretty interesting so far- I haven't had any work really...and it's a credit to people who I hope continue to inhabit the board. I really questioned myself as to whether it would be as active as it is to begin with, and have been pleasently surprised with the level and variety of interest- from the Star Trek vs. real life technology comparison, to the cancer thread discussing a legitamate medical/scientific concern (which I shall be replying to in short order).

Thanks for keeping the interest up guys- looks like a fun board to mod so far (ie- little or no work for me which is nice biggrin.gif)

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Veritas Veritas Veritas=

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll leave locking Digital Tilmuppet's thread to you then smile.gif

I've already smacked him with negative karma and he's walking on h20 thats barely below 0 degrees.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    he's walking on h20 thats barely below 0 degrees.
    </font>

Took me awhile to get that one smile.gif

-Dave

Thread locked and moved to trolls- perhaps he'll find an intelligent answer in there? (/me guffaws)

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

gawd dave even I got that wink.gif

IR 0wn j00 :)

Advertisement