Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Irish Skateparks

Options
  • 20-07-2005 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

How about a sticky on here for Irish Skateparks both existing and rumoured?
    There seems to be some info on extreme sports forum and some on here?
    I think a central location would be useful? I can add links / info to the rumoured section?

Existing Parks

Ramp N Rail
    Ramp N Rail
    96A Upper Drumcondra Road
    Dublin 9

Ramp City
    Ramp N Rail
    Kart City
    Old Airport Rd.
    Santry,
    Dublin 9

Rumoured Parks

Rumoured:-
    Newbridge
    Maynooth
    Monkstown
    Belfast
    Lisburn
    Lucan
    Dunshauglin
    Blanchardstown
    Bushy Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Add to the real list ...

Waterford, :( public
    Galway, :rolleyes:
    Loughrea (new find similar to galway) :eek: public
    Kilkenny / Kiltorcan :) commercial
    Bangor, :confused: commercial
    Salthill :Sligo. (delapedated unskateable, Cmon Sligo skaters a rescue mission is called for) just there and rotting.

Rumour list could be as long as your arm, cork , limerick , kilcock, wexford , gorey......
    Bushy Pk' and Lucan are gone beyond being rumours at this stage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Have you ever skated that Sligo facility? ****ed beyond belief and run on a wing and a prayer with utterly pikey tarmac. Kind of funny to be honest; the main redeeming factor was that it had little to do with the council as far as I know.

Certainly growing up, skating outside of Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Derry was largely unheard of; even surfing wasn't that big 10-15 years ago, but nowadays, the popularity of surfing and skating both help each other. Many little surf shops about the country also stock skate stuff and sales of skate clothes and equipment keep surfers into surfing when the waves are slack. I'm not expecting to see massive Stoke style plazas in the likes of Tramore, Bundoran and Lahinch, but at the very least, we should be looking at getting 30ft wide, 6ft high mini ramps in surf towns like these. A rising tide lifts all boats and once a facility is used and used a lot, the local councils will see that it can be built upon to bring more money into the town. Marseilles and Livi are shining cases in point...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Not even on the beast (my 40" x 10" powell powell board with big red kryps) is that place skateable. Think the best we managed was drop in on the mini to slalom through the holes. Wished I'd brought by bike. Thing is though it's a prime site for some DIY ramp or even concrete work. If I lived in Sligo I'd be busy making it the Irish Burnside..... whos gonna stop you making a skatepark out of a skatepark!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Limerick Skate park is being placed by the Shannon River. After being moved from Clare Street Park, to Arthurs Quay but now they have decided on the green area by the Clarion Hotel, across from Jurys Inn.

Advertisement