Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving BBC / S4C from terrestial UHF deflector in Sounth Kilkenny

Options
  • 20-07-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

My sister has just moved into a new house in south Kilkenny (Mooncoin area I think) and she's asked me to install an aerial to recieve the 'extra' channels that are available via a local defletor system I presume.

Anyone fimilar with the channel set up of the area, it would be really useful if I could finsd out what UHF groups these channels are available on and I could bring the correct gear.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

would Dunmore East be available. i am able to pick it up in Dungarvan which i'd imagine is further away than Moocoin. they give Channel 4 rather than S4C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I live in Mooncoin! I'm afraid your sister is out of luck. It's NTL or Sky. The deflectors went years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

I thought deflectors were legalised
    http://www.southcoasttv.net/

Dunno the geography of the area but you could try for the Comeragh deflector in Co.Waterford 69/61/66/64 Vertical or even a direct signal for Wales

Failing that an FTV satellite system is your best option

Kahless wrote:
    I live in Mooncoin! I'm afraid your sister is out of luck. It's NTL or Sky. The deflectors went years ago.

i take it that Dunmore East isnt available then as that is still broadcasting
    channels are IIRC
    48 - BBC2
    55 - ITV
    65 - BBC1
    69 - Channel 4

I thought deflectors were legalised
    They were, but they don't operate everywhere they used to before they were temporarily stopped.

It may still be worth a try. I know I can't get it here, but an aunt who lives a few miles away up on a hill can get some reception, but it is quite bad. They got sick of it and got Sky in the end. IIRC, BBC2 and S4C were pretty much unwatchable. The other 2 were little more than watchable. I think it may have been Dunmore they got it from.

• Advertisement

how long ago is this as S4C has been replaced by C4 for quite some time

ER, yeah, C4, not S4C. I was just used to it being S4C on terrestrial from the days when I had it. And of course it was ITV1 instead of HTV. Her house is the only place I've ever actually seen ITV1 because it's UTV on NTL.

Advertisement