Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best music for a Romantic Meal

Options
  • 16-08-2001 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Right, I was working the other day minding my own business when this idea popped into my head after observing so many couples Eating dinner in the pub where i worked,

Now it was just after Race week and the candles were still on all the tables in teh Bar so I got the Idea to light them, now romantic as it was it still seemed not the most moodiest place and after watching a few people just Scoff their food and leave I began to get thinking while pouring a pint, then the Bar manager who was off asked me to turn Off that awful Radio show and pop on a cd he just had bought, Now teh cd was classical Jazz, no Lyrics , just various instruments being played...
    Well it went down a treat cause it is definitly Relaxing to say teh Least but not only that, the Place seemed to Fill up aswell with couples Having the most Romantic Fish and Chips I've ever seen....and so for no Reason I've decided to Pass on this piece of Advice to people...

If you want to "Woo" the woman of your dreams, and yee are enjoying a Romantic Meal together, Classical Jazz with no Lyrics and just some Candle-liht will most definitly get her into the Mood....just dont ruin it by telling crap jokes.....or being Nekkid when she arrives!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Satanic Death Metal, goes down a treat also.

I find if you make a space in the middle of the floor start urinating on a dead sheep, with a look of complete insanity, couples will actually start making out there and then mad.gif

;-phobos-)

[This message has been edited by phobos (edited 22-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Marvin Gaye "What's Going On" ---- Of course you may not get to finish the meal with this on.

Also another one that's relaxing and brilliant is Van Morrison "Astral Weeks" ---- I don't care if people think he's ****e now, his first album was absolutely ****ing brilliant.

Also maybe Nick Cave + The Bad Seeds "The Boatman's Call" or a bit of classical music

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Classical, or proper spanish guitar instrumentals smile.gif

Then again if you're wooing a goth chick maybe "the damned" would work better biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

anything in the baroch stylee of classical music is nice.
    handels water music is good and mozart is good as well, coz theres little of the thumping ride of the valkeries type stuff there smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Anything other than the cranium-boring Ravi Shankar-stylee stuff they insist on in most Indian restaurants. It's hard to be romantic when some git is pitching his whiny, incomprehensible, warbling over some plinky-plinky tune which sounds like you've been transported back to childhood and your sister's just opened the lid on her wind-up jewellery box.

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phobos:
    Satanic Death Metal, goes down a treat also.

I find if you make a space in the middle of the floor start urinating on a dead sheep, with a look of complete insanity, couples will actually start making out there and then mad.gif

;-phobos-)

[This message has been edited by phobos (edited 22-08-2001).]
    </font>

And you thought I was evil Phobos.
    /me bows down to your evilness!

Soon we will rool the world!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Werl, try some contemporary stuff as well - Air, Nightmares On Wax, Massive Attack, general jazzy, chill-out tunes.

Fatboy Slim's 'The Weekend Starts Here' was a lucky one for me... wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 78,316 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What about Texas, but only if she doesn't have a Sharleen Spiteri hang-up.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

How about some Barry White wink.gif

Joey the Lips in The Commitments had no probs bedding most women as soon as he put on Barrys Bassy Tones biggrin.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I wish i sounded like barry white *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

id have to agree with Sico, Air 'Moon Safari' is a brillant album. really relaxing. My girlfriend loves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

There are lots of good ones, but if I have to choose one, I'd go for Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin.

Think about the situation first though. No girl is going to feel Aretha Franklin for you on a first date. Something funny romantic like Rupert Holmes's The Pina Colada Song would be more appropriate in that case.

Oh and remember you are not Elton John, so don't sing along ;)

Alis

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmmm, amazingly a mixture of cradle of filth and the def tones worked..... cork women... don't ask........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

panpipe cds seemed to be played in every restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    panpipe cds seemed to be played in every restaurant.

Aaagh, I hate panpipes.

Miles Davis' Kind of Blue should do the job (a little less upfront than Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On, though that can do the job in the comfort of your own home probably.

Advertisement