Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin at night

Options
  • 19-07-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

11.30pm: You're in town and don't fancy going home yet,
    but don't want to go sit in a pub - what else is there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

This is a terrific question. I've yet to think of something yet though. It's possible there's nothing to do but get food or go home. You could talk to random strangers/tourists. I'm gonna keep wondering about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sweet fúck all.
    With bewleys gone there no where to go for coffe or tea and chat and talk,
    esp on a thursday, unless you want to end up in eddie rockets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Hang around the board walk on the liffey and savour the smell and hope you don't get kicked in the head or someone tries to beg money from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thaed wrote:
    esp on a thursday, unless you want to end up in eddie rockets :(
    ... again :(

Hang around the board walk on the liffey and savour the smell and hope you don't get kicked in the head or someone tries to beg money from you.
    That's definitly what's most likely going to happen alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

There's cafe moka on sth. william st stays open semi lateish, if you don't mind a bit of a walk there's moda in rathmines, get talking to some yanks and get them to bring you back to their hotel is a good one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It closes before 12 on a thursday.

Then take the walk to moda stays open pub hours and later

moda?

where's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭super103

You could always go to the 24hour bowling..................

• Advertisement

moda?

where's that?

In rathmines near the libary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

24 hour bowling!
    Where is that?

First I thought it was obvious. Leisureplex. But then again, that's not town.

There is an intercafe in town that stays open til 12. i think. i was a bit drunk. hardly a great thing to do on a friday night though. Go talk to prostitutes? Should be a laff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

cinema? look at buskers in grafton st or temple bar?

why would you be in there that late with nothin to do? surely u'd plan something? unless ur comin from somewhere, then u go home or go the pub, or cinema etc etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Then take the walk to moda stays open pub hours and later
    passed that on way home last sat and the crowd outside it was unbelievable... Very busy spot after hours, would have gone in myself but was too nackered, I'll know for again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Bruce Fan

Go home & have sex...with someone if possible!!!
    Other than that I think bowling or pool in the Plex or Jason's or somewhere isn't a bad idea. Have done that on a few occasions.
    If your feeling peckish, Iskander's on Dame st. is always good for a big f*%$ off kebab or Rick's Burgers are pretty good also.
    What about strip clubs?? its not really my scene & it can be really expensive but if ya wanna do something different for a laugh, I guess it could be good!
    Theres a new one open on Eden Quay where Spi used to be, they have topless barmaids apparently (or so the bouncers told me as I was walking past one night!).
    My girlfriend said she's go If I wanted to, so might check it out!

Advertisement