Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you HAVE to see every episode?

Options
  • 19-07-2005 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno about you but when I'm into a show I have to see EVERY ep of it (esp when I'm getting close to completeness). It's not just do it because 'I need to know what happened' but also so for the feeling of completeness it gives me. When someone asks 'did you see the ep where...' I can confidently answer 'yes'. TBH it would actually make me slightly uneasy knowing I'd taken the time to see (for example) 199 episodes of my fav show X but that there was still 1 ep out there to be seen that I had missed during the run!

So do you need to see every ep of your fav shows or would it not bother you in the slightest if you never ever saw the 1or2 remaining eps that you'd missed?

With Regard to my favourite shows .... 38 votes

I must see every episode.
    0% 0 votes
    It Wouldn't bother me if I only ever saw 199 eps out of 200.
    100% 38 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Definately to maintain the story line (in the likes of Six Feet Under etc.) - but also to understand what people are talking about when discussing it (like the Family Guy threads here).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Absolutely every single one! Actually had the same problem as you, where I had missed just one episode of the X-Files and had to wait ages to see it again but I made damn well sure I did even if I was no longer enjoying the series.

I can't also jump into series halfway through their run anymore. I need to see it from the beginning so I get all the references to continuity, etc. You appreciate it all the more that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah I have to see every episode especially for shows like 24 etc. cause I can't stand it when I don't know whats going on. Drives me insane :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if you dont see every episode of something like 24 then whats the point imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Mossy Monk wrote:
    if you dont see every episode of something like 24 then whats the point imo

true, but a show like family guy say has no continuous story line so i wouldnt mind missing the odd one.

i missed the season finale to nip/tuck twice (sky1 and TG4)and im raging as i heard it was a dinger, i have another chance as C4 are showing the series again so i will be watching closely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i dunno about having to see every episode of a show, but if theres a new programme that seems interesting, then I'll make an effort to stay in and watch it when its on (e.g Lost, Dead Like Me). i think dvds of tv shows are great - no ads, you can watch more than one ep at a time, plus you have them all in order and theres commentaries (usually) e.g. Alias, Firefly. watching tv shows on dvd is more enjoyable than watching them on tv (especially with RTE's erratic scheduling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yes, I do. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly, depending on how you look at it), with the exception of the West Wing, most of the other series I have followed have had crappy or no scheduling on Irish terrestrial (the joys of being in four channel land), so I've done the majority of my following on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yup I have to see all the eps of my fave programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

All my fave TV yes. But If I liked Soap Opera I could go a while with out seeing every episode. Thank god I dont like soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

For my fav tv shows,yes i have to see every ep!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yes, I have to see them all and I have to see them in sequence. so I don't watch regular TV any more, it's far too restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yes, I have to see them all and I have to see them in sequence. so I don't watch regular TV any more, it's far too restrictive.

Good ol' bittorrent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

My favourite shows are, Desperate Housewives, First series finished, Re-running on RTE during the early hours. And Mile High on Sky one the current series finished last week and i hope they'll do another. I never missed one of these once, I wish i'd sky+ it would be so handy for recording them for when i can't watch them. Instead i pre-programmes the VCR to record them to blank tape. I couldn't miss an episode of Desperate housewives and Mile high. Home and Away i can miss occasionally.

Advertisement