Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms License Renewal date reminder

Options
  • 19-07-2005 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay folks, just a quick reminder. Most of us already have this in our diaries and it's been on many minds in the past while, but just in case, that annual renewal date is coming up fast now, so don't forget - July 31st!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

My renewal reminders arrived in the post this morning.
    As the 'gun Garda' said to me a month or so ago, it looks like the reminders were printed off ages ago and my change from 'Anschutz' to 'Walther' isn't noted.
    Looks like I'll have to pop in to the station for a chat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ditto Rovi, my licence reminders for a .220 and an air rifle with a serial number different to mine arrived this morning. *sigh*
    Seems the pulse system's data fields were set as numbers for calibre and serial number, so leading zeros on serial numbers are lost and trailing zeros on calibres are added. :(
    Oh well, time for a chat with the local garda again I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Mine arrived yesterday morning too, well 2 out of the three firearms i own did, as one did not arrive. I have 2 rifles and 1 shotgun and when i rang head quarters in Dublin, they said i was only down for 1 rifle and 1 shotgun :rolleyes: . My other rifle renewal had the previous rifle i owned on it, what a mess :rolleyes: .
    Their musy be something happening rong this year :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Hmm, this sounds a bit wierd. The last few years haven't been too bad, but by all accounts this year seems to be a throwback to when the PULSE was being phased in and records were a disaster.

Normally hassles occur when people have had firearm details altered on licences over the course of the year. I haven't got my renewal yet, but haven't done any buying / selling on existing licences for a couple of years - so am not expecting problems - if there are it would point to potentially serious issues with the records.

civdef wrote:
    Normally hassles occur when people have had firearm details altered on licences over the course of the year.
    This is exactly the situation with one of mine.
    I changed a rifle licence a month or so ago, and the Garda said that the new licences/reminders were probably already printed off at the time, and that the documents would have the details of the old rifle on them. I'm just to bring the stuff in to the station, and she'll change the details to match the correct current situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Its ok, im too impatient i think, got my third renewal for my second rifle today.
    So now i have all but one of the rifle renewals i ammanded at the station last November still has the old rifle number on it :rolleyes: .
    Of to the station with me, to have a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

I got my renewals today , but I noticed that I have 3 different pulse nos. , does anyone else have this ? I thought that the pulse no was a personal ID no that all the licences were issued to, ...... Maybe i can get 5 guns on each pulse no ...............

Ammoman wrote:
    I got my renewals today , but I noticed that I have 3 different pulse nos. , does anyone else have this ?
    Hmmmmmmm........
    Just checked mine, and I've got 2 consecutive numbers- ****56 for the rifles, and ****57 for the shotgun.
    I wonder if they issue a Pulse number for each TYPE of firearm you have???
    Have you 3 different types of gun- rifle, shotgun, pistol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Rovi wrote:
    Hmmmmmmm........
    Just checked mine, and I've got 2 consecutive numbers- ****56 for the rifles, and ****57 for the shotgun.
    I wonder if they issue a Pulse number for each TYPE of firearm you have???
    Have you 3 different types of gun- rifle, shotgun, pistol?

No just rifles and shotguns , one no. covers 2 rifles and 1 shotgun and the others cover one rifle and one shotgun , no pattern or sense to the pulse nos. :confused:

Ammoman wrote:
    ...no pattern or sense to the pulse nos. :confused:
    Why am I not surprised? :D

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    This is exactly the situation with one of mine.
    I changed a rifle licence a month or so ago, and the Garda said that the new licences/reminders were probably already printed off at the time, and that the documents would have the details of the old rifle on them. I'm just to bring the stuff in to the station, and she'll change the details to match the correct current situation.

Popped into the station the other day, and got the licence ammended no problem.
    I'm assured it'll all be correct next year :)

Advertisement