Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 19-07-2005 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is a bus/train service from Waterford to Dublin Airport/Heuston early on Sunday morning? Need to get to the airport for 10am.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah JJ Kavanaghas do

http://www.rapidexpress.ie/routes-search.asp

put in your to and from and itr will give you the time table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

good stuff - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

why not fly from waterfordm airport to dublin airport

p~b wrote:
    why not fly from waterfordm airport to dublin airport

only looked at aer aran and they only seem to fly to london.. know of any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

Thats a load of bull, they should fly to dublin

• Advertisement

p~b wrote:
    Thats a load of bull, they should fly to dublin

well maybe the markets just not there with bus & train services...

http://www.aerarann.com/timetables_main.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

The reason they don't fly from Waterford to Dublin is that Waterford is deemed not far enough away from dublin to get a PSO Route. I.E a route that is subsidised by the Dept. of Transport.

We can thank Mary O'Rourke for that when the PSO's were first introduced she conveniently ommited waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Bards wrote:
    The reason they don't fly from Waterford to Dublin is that Waterford is deemed not far enough away from dublin to get a PSO Route. I.E a route that is subsidised by the Dept. of Transport.

We can thank Mary O'Rourke for that when the PSO's were first introduced she conveniently ommited waterford.

Conveniently ommitting Waterford seems to be the norm. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

D&#233 wrote: »
    Conveniently ommitting Waterford seems to be the norm. :rolleyes:

It was all political, as usual, and Waterford will almost certainly be included when it comes up next for review. Of course then there'll be accusations of corruption because Cullen is the minister for Transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

merlante wrote:
    It was all political, as usual, and Waterford will almost certainly be included when it comes up next for review. Of course then there'll be accusations of corruption because Cullen is the minister for Transport!

When does it next come up for review?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

http://www.transport.ie/viewitem.asp?id=6682&lang=ENG&loc=1850

It was reviewed in May 2005 and because it was not included the first time round it had to go to Europe for approval. I believe we are some 10 miles too near dublin to get a PSO. Had it been allowed the first time then it would have automatically been included in this years review

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think Aer Arann run a Waterford to Dublin route the week or two before Christmas. Go up in the morning, come down in the evening. It proved to be a big hit last year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Methinks go Saturday. Getting a bus at 6:30am on Sunday seems wrong in so many ways. I would actually check if it exists and it arrives to late anyway. You need to alow 90 minutes for check-in and time for mishaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just looked at the time you have to get to the airport at and all I can say is noway! It's far too risky! Do as Vicotr says! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mags82

i would have to argree with victor to i took the 6.30am bus from waterford to dublin airport and you arrive there at 9.30 its cutting it to close
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement