Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 seperate problems

Options
  • 18-07-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My love life is a bit of a mess at the minute and I'm just going round in circles so thought I'd ask the knowledgeable ppl of boards....

Firstly, there's this guy I go to college with who seems to like me... he rings me, texts me, asks my friends about me when he sees them, has said he wants to meet up over the holidays... Sounds great except I'm not in the tiniest bit interested in him in fact I don't think there's anyone I could be less interested in. He makes me feel uncomfortable and I really would prefer if he stopped. I don't want things to be awkward though, we're in a small class and we're both shy..... I don't really want to come straight out and say it, any hints to how I can help him get the message?

Secondly, there's a guy I am interested in. Really, really interested in. We ended up getting each others mobile numbers cause a friend asked me to send a txt for him, his friend texted back to my phone and we've ended up chatting quite a lot. Bear in mind he's never seen me. He wants us to meet up, and deep down I want that too, I really like him. However I have 2 reservations.... first I dunno what he's after, I'm not interested in just meeting up cause he thinks he's gonna get laid. More importantly, I'm 95% sure he won't be attracted to me. I'm overweight and i know i am. Not talking someone who's stick thin and thinks she's heavy, I know for a fact I am.... dress size 18. I do really like him but at the same time don't want to make an idiot out of myself by meeting up with him and him just thinking yuk but he's very determined.

Any tips ata ll'd be good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

okay for the first guy, dont reply to txts and dont answer the phone to him, if he makes u feel uncomfortable and u'd prefer if he stopped then he'll soon stop if he's not getting any signals from u that u like him.

for the second guy, maybe he has already said it to your friend(the guy u sent the msg for in the first place) that he wanted to meet you.....he's probably asked him/her was it a good idea, seeing as they know u.
    and hey, maybe u wont be attracted to him! (or do u know what he looks like?) you cant be really really really interested unless u know if ur attracted to them first.

Advertisement