Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest at Shell petrol station

Options
  • 18-07-2005 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

There is a group of protesters outside the Shell petrol station near the Ard Ri.
    They are holding up banners saying bycott Shell and free the five chaps who were put in jail
    Is there any other protests like this at other Shell pterol stations around town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

saw them at some petrol station on the way out of town a few days ago. statoil i believe it was. ****ing idiots almost hit me with one of their banners. it would have been good if they did. calmly take out the mobile, dial 999 and have them charged with assault. they should realise that if people break the law they get put in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If I had a car I think I'd go out of my way to find a station that has protesters and go there and buy a tenners worth, then find another and buy another tenners worth.

Yup, I'm not such a fan of protests/ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Id nearly ring in sick to join em , bloody disgrace those men in Jail!
    Feckn busy work ruining things for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

a load of protesters and SF scum outside a shell station in kilmac the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

lol, SF are supporting them, arent they trying to get a chap called Kelly released from jail? Didint he blow up a fish & chip shop full of people in the north? Why would you want to associate yourself with SF. That will reduce the chance of the five people getting released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll be going past that Shell garage tomorrow morning so I'll keep an eye out, on the one on the Cork rd was quiet this afternoon.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Them eejits nearly caused a couple of accidents while protesting, no objection to protests and it's not right that these guys are in prison, but if they must protest at least do it in a safe manner.

And as for the shinner muppets, they just jump on any bandwagon thats going.

Initially the shinners had a reasonable political agenda, but now it's "join all protests just to stay in the public eye". This is demeaning their proper political objectives.

And as for releasing terrorists, and murderers, I think they need to check their policy of associating these people.

Especially in todays climate of the terrorists in Turkey and London.
    If they continue with this, then these Shell protestors need to disassociate themselves from SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

angry_fox wrote:
    There is a group of protesters outside the Shell petrol station near the Ard Ri.
    They are holding up banners saying bycott Shell and free the five chaps who were put in jail
    Is there any other protests like this at other Shell pterol stations around town?

FIVE CHAPS!! f******g w*****s!! Keep them in there until they see they law applies to everyone - them included. I hope they don't let them out until they apologise fully. :mad:

Didint see any protesters today, thank god, Shell seems to be the cheapest place to get petrol these days.

Arabel wrote:
    If I had a car I think I'd go out of my way to find a station that has protesters and go there and buy a tenners worth, then find another and buy another tenners worth.

Yup, I'm not such a fan of protests/ers.

My sentiments entirely!!

• Advertisement

Why are they protesting outside the Statoil Petrol Station on the Dunmore Road? Is statoil owned by Shell?

angry_fox wrote:
    Why are they protesting outside the Statoil Petrol Station on the Dunmore Road?

Beacuse they are morons. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement