Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLXIV Post-Mortem

Options
  • 18-07-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Well the LAN is over and everyone should be recovered by now. My review is up here, what did ye think of this event?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Damn, I missed another one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I find it very hypocritical of you to say that we depend on sniipe when the only game your willing to play at lans is quake.
    Had you ventured into the games of DC and COD you may have had a little fun.

I would like to appologise to people for this lan. I did feel myself that it was a little sub par. The only reason i can think of for this was that the new system which we decided to impliment was missing a crucial part, which was Sniipe. He runs the tournies cause he does a damn fine job at it. I was personally destroyed all of saturday and felt like ****, hence the reason i didn't re emerge till sunday morning.

Also, I'd like to point out that any games that requires fixes, especially steam, please do it before you come to the lan. I had no time for anyone who was complaining that they needed to connect to steam, since we dont gurantee a net connection.

*More later*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Doodee wrote:
    I find it very hypocritical of you to say that we depend on sniipe when the only game your willing to play at lans is quake.
    Had you ventured into the games of DC and COD you may have had a little fun.

Well, I play a few other games too (cs, opflash, painkiller) which are usually enough to get me by for the LAN. I usually play DC (in fact, I probably play more DC than most people generally at galwaylans..) but my bf installation broke at this one and with the speed of my pc a reinstallation was out of the question.

My comments re: Sniipe were not meant as an insult or anything - I was one of those who tried to take his place in organising a q3 tourni, if anything I'm complimenting what a great job he does at organising the tourniments; one that I can't compete with anymore. As such I do believe if he had been able to attend the tourniments would have been run alot more smoothly than with me and Toxick trying to run them. The only tourni that seemed to run well was that console tourniment, and fair play to the organisers about that but as you all know it's alot easier to get people to lineup to use one controller to play a game on a console than to get people on a server on the right teams with the right patches etc etc at the same time.

Could you explain what was hypocritical about my comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Fobia wrote:

Could you explain what was hypocritical about my comments?

Lack of the use of the word "Roflcopter"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ridiculous lack of Alan at this lan :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

53% less than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'll be at the next lan. I heard this lan was good. Doodee, I'm texting you now for access to a server so we can set up an intranet site that will last (at least until the server goes down).

I hope the internet connection wasn't abused??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Rory, I'll forward port 22 to binary tonight.
    PM me an email address for you and I'll mail you login details.
    Using FileZilla you can SFTP (Secure FTP via port 22) the website up and using PuTTY you can manipulate stuff using the commandline.
    Dump the website into a .rar or a .tar or something and leave it up on the home directory of the account I give you (the default one you'll be placed into upon logging in).

Apache and MySQL are installed already.

beard.jpg

TEH UBER BEARD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

*falls off seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

What was battlefield 2 like?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Rory, pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Wasn't there a problem with BF2 though? I only saw like 1 or 2 games being played at the start of the lan and then no one played it. I know mine kept crashing out for some reason but the demo never did so I dunno what the problem was.

Aye there was a problem with a patch, it ****ed up PyrogenX's whole OS apparently...

Did he get impatient waiting for it to patch and cancel the process by any chance. Took bloody ages for that patch to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I taught the nice relaxed pace of the LAN was good and a great job was done by the organisers of the tourni.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Battlefield huh?

Sounds gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

DRakE wrote:
    Battlefield huh?

Sounds gay.
    LMAO

****cork!

• Advertisement
Advertisement