Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct to DVD Futurama Movie

Options
  • 18-07-2005 2:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Posted on Billy Wests's Blog

"In a recent video blog Billy West mentions that a Futurama movie is in production!" From the video: "Good news everyone...there's gonna be a Futurama movie, coming out on DVD, I think we're gonna start doing it soon. There were talks and I guess they're really happy about moving forward with it cuz the DVDs of Futurama sold really well, and then with a possibility of a second one."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Good news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I was just thinking about this the other day. The last episode of Futurama was on Sky again, and it started with the "See you on another channel" text. I was wondering if they tried to get onto another channel, or if they tried to make a DVD only series (like Family Guy). I'll settle for a movie, perhaps the same thing could happen here and Fox commission a new series after a movie is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sounds good. I just hope the standard of writing is up to scratch and it's not like some direct-to-dvd movies of TV shows which were utter rubbish.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

its not been trulky greenlit yet according to www.gotfuturama.com (front page article. billy west is very excitable, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wow, great! I really hope it reflects how great the show was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

I hope they do better than family guy...

I'm sure they wont. I'm an optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it seems fox are underestimating the followings these shows have.

family guy was only brought back because of dvd sales. could this be the case for futurama? futurama was great and only had one kind of low point where the last episodes weren't as great as the ones before it.

Advertisement