Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking up is hard to do.

Options
  • 18-07-2005 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

He looked her in the eyes with a stare that seemed to say "I can see you". She looked back with a knowing gaze. The gaze of a woman whose eyes were lookin at something familiar. His mouth opened and words came out. What those words were I couldnt tell you as I don't speak Dutch but if I did I would tell you. A solitary tear fell from her eye and rolled sadly up her forehead, she was looking up at the time. It was the lowest moment in her moment, she'd ever been in a submarine before.

He clutched her tight in the arms of a man full of love and regret. The owner of the arms looked slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed at the use of his arms but he was getting well paid so he didnt mind. She pulled away from his pitiful hug and walked across the cabin with legs that seemed to move as she walked. She sat on the edge of his desk, literally, the edge. Her legs shook with effort as she balanced precariously waiting for an answer to her question.

He paid the man with the arms and he left. They were alone, finally, but what was the point? What was the point of being alone with a man who had no love left in his heart and no intention to marry her. She had tried reason, but he was allergic to the toffee. She had even tried begging but all she got was €4. She wanted so badly to just walk out of the room but she just couldnt find the door.

To be continued.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

it's pretty unfunny an unoriginal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

the raven wrote:
    it's pretty unfunny an unoriginal...

I mustn't have read the original cos i thought it was funny, reminds me of Steve Martin in Airplane come to think of it, still i have never seen this stuff in words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Nidge wrote:
    I mustn't have read the original cos i thought it was funny, reminds me of Steve Martin in Airplane come to think of it, still i have never seen this stuff in words.

Thanks Nidge.

So Raven. Tell me whats so unoriginal about it? Id like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

have to agree with raven about the unfunny bit, dont know about the unoriginal as i wouldnt know any other stuff like this anyway, i dont really like the ending.......as in "to be continued"

have to agree with raven about the unfunny bit, dont know about the unoriginal as i wouldnt know any other stuff like this anyway, i dont really like the ending.......as in "to be continued"

Well it was just a stupid 5 minute time killer. I planned on writing on a little more but seeing as Im in work I had to finish quickly.

• Advertisement

jesus people, is everything i say met with an antagonistic retort? just because i happen to have an opinion, albeit a negative one, there's no need to get so up-tight...

the raven wrote:
    jesus people, is everything i say met with an antagonistic retort? just because i happen to have an opinion, albeit a negative one, there's no need to get so up-tight...

Antagonistic? No. I merely asked you a question. Why are you getting so up-tight?

So Raven. Tell me whats so unoriginal about it? Id like to know.
    Antagonistic? No. I merely asked you a question. Why are you getting so up-tight?

"So Raven.", and a single word sentence, "No.", followed by a curt matter-of-fact statement, "i merely asked you a question" and re-iterating my diction, "so up-tight".
    hmm; all of which confess a certain level of irritation thus affirming my previous statement.
    now get back to writing and stop pestering me.

I'm a matter of fact person. I simply asked you a direct question. Whether my sentances have one or one hundred words in them it doesn't necessarily make them aggressive.

"now get back to writing and stop pestering me."
    This line is arrogant, dismissive and rude. I am not the one with a problem. I believe it is you. I have no wish to start a flame war over this. All I ask is that you kindly stay out of my threads. I can take constructive criticism. However your comments are your basic garden variety ignorant remarks. They are not designed to be helpful in any way.

This will be the last response you shall receive from me on any matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Behave. Any more tangents and I'll get annoyed.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    Behave. Any more tangents and I'll get annoyed.

*Raven reaches into breast pocket, extracts and unfolds his school playground rulebook*

...he started it. :p

Advertisement