Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books for holiday

Options
  • 17-07-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a few books because im off on a holiday soon that involves alotta traveling. Need some pageturners!

Some of my favourite books to give you an idea of what I like.

-Filth
    -I am Legend
    -Day of the triffids
    -Lord of the rings
    -Song of ice and fire series
    -Lullaby
    -The Beach
    -A condederacy of dunces

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tusky wrote:
    Looking to get a few books because im off on a holiday soon that involves alotta traveling. Need some pageturners!

Some of my favourite books to give you an idea of what I like.

-Filth
    -I am Legend
    -Day of the triffids
    -Lord of the rings
    -Song of ice and fire series
    -Lullaby
    -The Beach
    -A condederacy of dunces

I'd look at the size of some of those books you've listed. We're talking lots of weight :p

Otherwise go secondhand or get some of the classics you've never read, although Conrad is not a page tuner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

How about The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger... finished it a few weeks ago and thought it was excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

is_that_so wrote:
    I'd look at the size of some of those books you've listed. We're talking lots of weight :p

Otherwise go secondhand or get some of the classics you've never read, although Conrad is not a page tuner :p

hmm apart from lotr none of those books are massive...weight isnt a problem anyway.

Advertisement