Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beach Fires

• 17-07-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering, what's the story with beach fires? Are they 100% illegal or can you get permission from the local fire station to light one? Is there any work around? It's that time of year where a beach fire would go down very well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah and dancing around it and praying to pagan gods. or lord of the flies style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,527 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have two problems (a) fire hazard (b) littering.*

*Also the associated drinking, loud music, car racing on the beach, public sex ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

but then Piggie should be sacrificed at some point :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just do it somewhere you won't be seen. We used to do it a bit in Galway when I was a teenager, great craic. Will have to see about rounding the lads up to do it sometime soon for old-times sake, whilst we've the weather and all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I was at a BBQ today, in a park. We had the Mini BBQ under control. The park person came over and told us we'd be prosecuted if we didn't put something under us. Nothing to do with fire hazard. It was criminal damage to the grass, burning it.

Nothing to do with you, but you might have litter issues. Not much Firehazard on a beak of Sand (Something used to put fires out)

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm a man of nature, if I see black smoke I get angry. I wont be burning tyres and the likes, just wood, if I can find some:) I don't see how ashes are considered litter? Especially on a beach. Any litter will be brought home/put in bins.

There wont be any loud music, car racing etc, Just a few friends around an open fire.

Does anyone know the exact law considering this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I have never actually dont this, might try it though sometime but knowing my luck, i will be prosecuted!

I lit a fire though with some mates last year in the Dublin mountains...there wasn't anybody around to catch us. We stayed awhile at the hellfire club and then moved to that spot near johnny foxes where you can see the coast and Ireland's Eye and lit a fire, it was a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ask the local Garda... they can tell you more.

John

Advertisement