Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 'Doves' living in our estate... are they lost ?

Options
  • 16-07-2005 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

On my way to work last Monday morning I noticed 3 (beautiful) white doves (they have what I can only describe as fan-tails... which possibly means they're not doves but I'm ignorant...).

They're still hanging around, walking around a couple of driveways. Haven't been able to ask the people in the houses where the birds are because they don't seem to be there at all.

I really think these creatures are lost - I doubt very much if one of my neighbours, even if there were keeping them, would leave them walking around a driveway.

Could someone more knowledgable than I forward a contact phone number for any rescue or bird protection organisation that might be interested ? Wouldn't like one of the local cats to get 'em

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I have 2 ringtailed doves living in the trees at the back of my garden. I live in the middle of Tallaght. They wander about the place all the time, and seem perfectly happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Wow. I'll leave them alone so.

Thought I was seeing things the other morning. Pity they're not in my back garden ! Have been trying to tempt birds in with feeders and finally got a nest this year until some bastard cat got to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

What you need are p--s off cats & dogs crystals from www.pet-bliss.com
    Thatle fix those pussys.

Advertisement