Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gfriend graduation problem! Help!

Options
  • 16-07-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have only recently started going out with my girlfriend. However, her graduation ball (debs) is this wednesday. We are both going to it with different people. We are all friends and this is not really a problem for either me or her, although it will be a bit weird for us. However, I will be going to her house beforehand and I want to get her something. Can anyone suggest something suitable (keep in mind that I don't want to get the usual roses/chocs combo as her date will be getting her those). I really would appreciate any help because i'm at a loss as to what i should do. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you know what style dress she's wearing, how about a nice piece of jewellery that will complement it. It needn't bee too expensive, but she'll be wearing something that you bought her, and it will last far longer than chocolate or flowers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Thanks for the reply!
    She is wearing a light gold dress i think. I think it is a two piece (there is a seperate bodess on top! Sorry bout the description, I dont really know much about dresses!)
    Should the jewellery be gold or does it matter?

It all depends on her personal taste. Chunky jewellery is kind of in fashion at the moment, or you could go for the more classical look. Time for you to examine her jewellry box methinks!

By the way, the word you're looking for is "bodice"

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I think a gold bracelet would be perfect, maybe get the date ingraved in the inside of it.

I wouldn't go for anything 2 big or bulky because she might not like it and feel obliged to wear it. Something nice and dainty. Best of luck with it.

That is a good idea.
    Hopefully i will be able to get an engraving done before wednesday. Im not sure how long it takes to do.
    Thanks for ur help though

• Advertisement

Jewellers should be able to do it pretty much straight away. Getting the date is a nice idea, it will serve as a kind of anniversary for you as couple, as well as reminding her of the day she graduated. Good idea all around.

Excellent, nickibaby and dudara thanks so much for your help, i feel a bit better now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Why dont yas swap partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

If the jewellery idea doesn't work out you could always find out what perfume she'll be wearing on the night and get her the matching shower gel and body lotion (and give them to her the day before). That's the kind of stuff most girls (myself included) don't buy for ourselves, but love getting given presents of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Or get her books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Isnt buying her jewellery a little strong considerin they're not going out long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

just please do not get gold, just soo soo tacky. Give her a voucher for some lovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

LundiMardi wrote:
    Give her a voucher for some lovin

Uh... prostitution is illegal here. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

You could get her a scarf, a light silk one that would compliment her dress. Jewellery is kind of a step too far if you haven't been dating that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,314 ✭✭✭✭Victor

simu wrote:
    Uh... prostitution is illegal here. ???
    No. Running a brothel, living off immoral means (pimping), soliciting and tax-evasion are illegal. What two consenting adults do in private is largely, er, well private.

Advertisement