Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trigger Mechanism

Options
  • 15-07-2005 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone know how to get a trigger mechanism of a .22 magnum rifle free.
    Its a double trigger mechanism and the front trigger is locked back past its normal position. The safety is jammed in the danger position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The best approach is to take it to a gunsmith. If something has gone out of spec, or is taken out of spec in the process of freeing it up, you're left with an unsafe trigger, i.e. a very bad thing.

Generally speaking, dosing the mechanism in WD40 mightn't be a bad first plan though.

What make of rifle is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Actully I know someone who was killed in a shooting accident and a dodgy trigger was involved so not somthing to be take lightly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

First of all ..is it unloaded ..or is there a round in the barrel..?
    i.e.. has it just jammed while feeding..

If loaded ..be very carefull with it ..
    ring a gunshop / gunsmith.

What make is the rifle...?

If it is empty..
    Sometimes you can release it by pushing the front trigger forward,
    either that or hold the rear trigger back while opening the bolt.

Best of luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Frensik

Its an Anschutz and it wasn't loaded so i unscrewed the trigger mechanism and luckily the front trigger went back to the proper position. sweet

Advertisement