Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat belts for dogs

Options
  • 15-07-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Everyone that sits in a car should have a seatbelt according to the law so why is it not compulsary for dogs, I saw one hanging out of the window on the M50 the other day.
    I reckon its downright irresponsible and is comparable to having a kid on the loose for a missile in an accident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I always harness & belt mine in.

If the car stops suddenly I *do not* want to be hit by a dog flying forward, nor do I want my dog injured this way. Plus, if there were an accident & I was hurt/ unconcious a dog loose in the car might delay the emergency services getting me & my dog out. I know I'd be wary of a hurt dog loose in a car.

I'm 100% behind dogs being secured properly in cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

http://www.hunde-sicherheit.ch/content_sid_e.php?spr=ENG&ref=testamonial
    For big dog seatbelts
    as seen in this months k9 roundup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Heard on radio last year that a woman got penalty points for having dog loose in car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

nice to know that the law gets enforced occasionally.
    Dont know about the new laws for private speeding tickets!

Advertisement