Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How original is it really?

Options
  • 15-07-2005 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

I have watched all the episodes so far on RTE and can't help feeling like it isn't very original.
    A few series and films seem similar.
    Riverworld,
    Mystery Island,
    Gilligan Island,
    Space 1999.

It seem decent enough but it's a bit like cover song IMHO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

watch the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It seem decent enough but it's a bit like cover song IMHO.

It's far better then the shows you have just mentioned. And alot better then most cover songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

keep watching. It gets good around the double numbers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I saw The Swiss Family Robinson the other day. It was quite reminiscent of Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think it's got an element of The Prisoner about it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

And some X Files original 1st few series in there too.

kdjac

You could also say that it has an element of 24 in it.

i.e. the climaxtic endings.

And the same goes for Desparte Housewives.

Also the idea of allowing the audience raise questions as the series goes along, in much the same way as the X-files, Twin Peaks and Millenium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there is no originality any more.

except Battlestar Galactica.

ecept that seems a little familiar. I seem to remember a show when I was a lad with a bunch of people in space chased by robots trying to kill them.

if only i could remember what it was called.

Most drama will not be completely orginally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

tvnutz wrote:
    watch the rest of the season

*rolls eyes* people were saying that about episode 4 or whatever when people complained about episode 1 - what the hell, like, are you paid per viewer for this thing? Somebody criticises it, and all you keep saying is "wait and see" - if Lost doesn't deliver originality from the get-go, why should people be giving it a chance to deliver later?

• Advertisement

um, because it keeps getting better as it goes on.

NoelRock wrote:
    *rolls eyes* people were saying that about episode 4 or whatever when people complained about episode 1 - what the hell, like, are you paid per viewer for this thing? Somebody criticises it, and all you keep saying is "wait and see" - if Lost doesn't deliver originality from the get-go, why should people be giving it a chance to deliver later?

no show "delivers originality" anymore,well the majority anyway,let alone "from the get-go". Also it gets better as the season goes on,if you are so impatient and can't stand watching week by week then don't watch and stop complaining. Its a TV show,meaning they don't give every story away from the very beginning. I could name several things that happen but that would be spoiling. If you don't have enough patience then its no the show for you,this is not 24 (which has gotten worse each season).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

TimAy wrote:
    um, because it keeps getting better as it goes on.

It gets slightly better around episodes 11-15 but then it really drags to a pretty ordinary conclusion. It’s a good show (not great) and worth watching to the end, 3 out of 5 overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

NoelRock wrote:
    Then don't bleedin' watch it... no-one's forcing you to...

steveland? wrote:
    Then don't bleedin' watch it... no-one's forcing you to...

Thank you! lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Its a load of sahite in fairness.
    Everything feels so fake and copied, but not acted out properly.

boardsee wrote:

Then why post? Its really not copied,the acting is fine from most.

boardsee wrote:

I always wonder about people like you, who take time out of their life to go to a place to give about it.

Acting is above par throughout, story is one of the most unpredictable i've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

It delivers entertainment. Why is that a hard concept to grasp? Why post the question in the Lost forum? Either you enjoy it or you don't. You can choose to enjoy it for what it is, or not. If you don't like it, why don't you go watch a play, or read some literature, if its too low brow for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

why i just got lost ep 1 .. umm somehow ;)

and by god it kicks ass! .. ima get the rest somehow too now!

• Advertisement

Some people like it, some don't... If you don't, why do you bother wasting your time coming on here to moan about it?

If you hate Star Trek, why would you visit a Star Trek forum? If you hate Star Wars, why would you visit a Star Wars forum? If you hate Wanderly Wagon, why would you visit a Wanderly Wagon forum?

Thread closed cos all this bitching is wrecking my head...

As someone seems to have taken offence to me closing this thread, here's my reasons...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3198948&posted=1#post3198948

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement