Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlooked classics: Failure

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I've been pimping this band for the best part of 7 or 8 years now even tho theyve broken up a fair while ago. Basically, if you havent heard them, you really should give them a try.
    One of the best bands in post-grunge rock, failure toured with tool in 96 (maynard himself used to introduce the band before each gig as 'the best band in the world', and once refused to do an interview unless ken andrews, failures lead singer, was interviewed with him). They also did a side project cover band with tool called the replicants (i know tool are more of a metal band, failure would be more alt-rock). A perfect circle also covered thier song 'the nurse who loved me' on thier 13th step album. (troy van leeuwen, APC guitarist was also in failure for the recording of thier last album)
    They split up after 3 albums, comfort, magnified, and fantastic planet. If youre looking for anything to download, id recommend small crimes, the nurse who loved me, another space song, stuck on you, frogs, moth & macaque.
    Bassist greg edwards went on to form Autolux , who released an album last year, that id also highly recommend (download angry candy and youll see what i mean :D ).
    Check them out!!!
    [/pimping]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tuff spook

i like greg edwards...didn't realise he was in Failure. will check 'em out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Got Comfort for £1 in Tower years ago, though it was cack tbh. Didn't do anything for me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Comfort isnt thier best work at all tho doc J, like early metallica, if all you head was kill em all you wouldnt think they were anything special, but the follow up albums really showed what theyre capable of

Kill Em All is one of my favourite albums, it's a fantastic piece of work :D

lol...i hated kill em all, thought it was too cheesy ;)

• Advertisement

Ahhh you have to see it in the context of the era it was released. Great, great stuff :)

yeah i guess, i just cringed at the 'wearing leather and spikes' or something line in one of the songs..lol Reminds me of manowar

/me sees doc j goin off on manowar rant now :D

back on topic!! Anywho doc, download small crimes by failure to see what theyre really capable of...or Heliotrophic, the one song that took 2 weeks to record :D

I'll see what I can do. I picked it up after Tower relocated to where Dunnes is on Georges Street temporarily after a fire in the old shop. They were selling loads of cd's off for £1 and I thought to myself "you can't go wrong for a pound" but after hearing Mousetrap and Mind Bomb I had to re-evaluate that and perhaps Failure got lumped in witht that.

actually if anyone cares (and they obviously dont) yopu can see one of thier videos here, for stuck on you ( a catchy pop choon about how annoying it is getting catchy pop choons stuck in your head)
    http://www.kenandrews.com/stuckonyou2.mov

Advertisement