Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numb arm, cant sleep

Options
  • 15-07-2005 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

For the past two nights every time I try to sleep my right arm goes numb.Its driving me f***ing mental!It doesnt matter what position i lie in . Its not like Im lying on it or anything. Just not moving it makes it go numb. Has this ever happend to anyone else here and what did they do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sounds like poor circulation. Try sleeping in a cooler room with your arm hanging off the edge of the bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Smoker? If so, for how long?
    How old are you?
    Ever happen before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Hmmm... could be something similar to what I have a the moment. Basically the left side of my left hand as well as my ring and pinky fingers on the same hand are all numb. Been like that since I woke up last Friday (a week ago). Did a bit of self-diagnosis on the net as you do and I'm pretty sure I have a form of cubital tunnel syndrome which affects the ulnar nerve (google it!) on the left-hand side of the rest. Horrible feeling kinda like my arm is aching but it's not and everything feels weird to touch with my two affected fingers (almost shivery or something, ugh it's horrible). Went to doc yesterday and it was pretty much a waste of $$$ as all he did was tell me what I already knew from my research and that I couldn't really do anything but wait it out. I really hope it gets better worst case scenario is I could have to get surgery if the nerve is permanently obstructed where the funny bone is. If I touch my funny bone on my left arm it send a bit tingle right down to my little finger.

Check it out anyway as you may have something like that. Best of luck etc... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sleipnir wrote:
    Smoker? If so, for how long?
    How old are you?
    Ever happen before?
    I dont smoke Im 17 and this has never happend before.
    Tried hanging my arm out of the bed but unfortunatly it still went numb.
    Giles that kinda sounds like what im experiencing ,Ill probably see the doctor about it if it doesnt go away. Its even going numb during the day now when Im moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ok, could be poor circulation but that would have built up over time, probably not straight away.
    Best go to a doctor about it if it persists, just incase its a clot or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Giles wrote:
    Hmmm... could be something similar to what I have a the moment. Basically the left side of my left hand as well as my ring and pinky fingers on the same hand are all numb. Been like that since I woke up last Friday (a week ago). Did a bit of self-diagnosis on the net as you do and I'm pretty sure I have a form of cubital tunnel syndrome which affects the ulnar nerve (google it!) on the left-hand side of the rest. Horrible feeling kinda like my arm is aching but it's not and everything feels weird to touch with my two affected fingers (almost shivery or something, ugh it's horrible). Went to doc yesterday and it was pretty much a waste of $$$ as all he did was tell me what I already knew from my research and that I couldn't really do anything but wait it out. I really hope it gets better worst case scenario is I could have to get surgery if the nerve is permanently obstructed where the funny bone is. If I touch my funny bone on my left arm it send a bit tingle right down to my little finger.

Check it out anyway as you may have something like that. Best of luck etc... :)
    Giles youve hit the nail on the head! the mother got worried about clots etc so Im just back from the doctor.Its cubital tunnel syndrome alright, the only advise she could give me was to keep it straight and elevated (I was doing the opposite!) and to take nurofin for five days.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

this happens to me if i sleep with my arm above shoulder level, which i do alot. It happens to one of my friends too, he does a lot of weights where i do a little weights, don't know if thats any coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

you have your arms above your head?

Advertisement