Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night movie

Options
  • 14-07-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

anyone know why Drop Dead Gorgeous wasn't on net2 tonight after rte advertised it all week? I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think (if I remember correctly) there is an explosion at the end of it, in which someone is killed - probably pulled in light of recent events

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

BuffyBot wrote:
    I think (if I remember correctly) there is an explosion at the end of it, in which someone is killed - probably pulled in light of recent events
    but why advertise it on tuesday and wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

well RTE have proved once again that they suck

still not as bad as Freebie 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

no1 got killed in it?..

*spoiler*

as far as i can remember there was an explosion her mom was in it but she didnt die?.. she got a can stuck to her hand and some burns

who died? We are talking about the same movie?.. the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVELY kirsten dunst?

The point is there was an explosion and injury - hence why it may have been pulled...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BuffyBot wrote:
    The point is there was an explosion and injury - hence why it may have been pulled...

is it really insensitive for tv channels to show things like these. it is really annoying when channels say "no, pull it from the schedule because there is an arab in it"

they may aswell not show the news anymore

Well, there is a difference between the news and a movie. I think sometimes it is sensible to pull things. To be honest, this one to me was borderline, but I guess RTE decided it wasn't the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

realistically people will not get over this for a long long time,if ever...so will the continue to pull things that have anything that relates to an explosion...it was ok in the first few days,and it was ok if it had terrorist related stories...but they cant just keep doing this. and that may sound insensitive...which im not...i wouldnt have even watched this crap movie...but come on...life goes on,no matter how much it sucks.

...so will the continue to pull things that have anything that relates to an explosion

No...the further away it gets, the less likely they are to pull things - which I'm quite sure you know already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

no1 got killed in it?..

*spoiler*

as far as i can remember there was an explosion her mom was in it but she didnt die?.. she got a can stuck to her hand and some burns

who died? We are talking about the same movie?.. the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVELY kirsten dunst?

If i remember correctly, Denise Richards dies in the explosion on the Float.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nightwish wrote:
    well RTE have proved once again that they suck

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

While I'm not diminishing for a moment the tragic and abhorrent events in London, would most people automatically associate a movie with those events?

I guess what I'm asking is how big is the group that RTE (and other broadcasters) are trying to protect. Surely a warning at the start that some viewers may be distressed by parts of the film would be enough? Noone is making anyone watch it..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What did they replace it with.

Its a strangely good movie? :confused: ?

If they were planning to interupt the Movie for the news they might have a point.

But then thats another reason why you don't interupt a movie for the news. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I was about 1/2 way through reading this thread when I realised I was confusing it with drop dead Fred. :o

Advertisement