Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sonora and melaton???

• 14-07-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭

anybody any clue what happened to these two great irish bands? i loved sonora's song relentless, masterpiece in my opinion, also melaton had some great tunes and sure could put on a show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Dito! About Melaton anyways, don't think I heard Sonora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

with melaton i beleive Luke the lead singer guy left. i think there was also disputes between them and sony and in the band. might be wrong but that was the last I heard of them. the remaining memebers said they'd continue... but doesn't seem like it.. ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Serbian

Rockiemalt wrote:
    with melaton i beleive Luke the lead singer guy left. i think there was also disputes between them and sony and in the band. might be wrong but that was the last I heard of them. the remaining memebers said they'd continue... but doesn't seem like it.. ah well

I asked Luke about it a while ago and he said that Sony dropped them because they didn't have a good enough single. I don't think the Falling Star EP did that well so that could have been a factor also. I don't think he's in a band at the moment, he was giving piano lessons last I heard.

Edit: I'll just add that the Sony website still lists them as an artist, but they are definitely broken up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

melaton: luke and anto left the band after they were let go by sony (after recording an album)

the rest of the band are partially still working on stuff together, they were looking for a new singer the last time i was in touch with them about a year ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

aw no :(

i saw them support JJ72 in Galway a few yrs back & my friends & we all agreed they upstaged the main act. i hunted around in Dublin & found "falling star" - i thought it was pretty good, really liked it. had been wondering where they'd disappeared to...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I saw Melaton support jj72 in the Savoy in Cork a few years back.. they weren't my cup of tea to be honest :rolleyes:

Advertisement