Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very nice keyboard

Options
  • 14-07-2005 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Saw this linked from theinquirer.net .... very nice keyboard, each key has a progammable display built in ... no sign of a price

hehe .. you can change it so that your quake keyboard keys actually show what they do:
    qua.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

that rocks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very sexy, I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Theres a keyboard like that available to buy in PcWorld me thinks.
    I seen it a while ago, the keyboard buttons were changeable to suit your game such as Doom3 and Unreal etc...
    Unfortunatly, it never sold very well?, maybe it's because it never looked like that...
    I'll go try and hunt down the naem of it...at the moment i'm thinking it was called "X-Force" or something...

This is the edited part of my post.....

Right...I searched it and PCWORLD don't sell it any more...

It's called the zboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

im liking it. im liking it alot. me wants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

wow. Thats amazing. Can't imagine how expensive that would be. Would be great for confusing people who can't type. You could line up "j00 suXX0rs"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

anyone remember the Gateway programmable keyboards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Have one of those Gateway keyboards but i'll be adding that keyboard to my next pc setup.. Should be out by the time i can afford to buy a pc, say 5 years from now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I think the Zboard is different, that just has changable keysets whereas this seems to have alot more options...

Yea, that looks stunning and the Photoshop function would suit me down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Who honestly looks at their keyboard when playing a game?
    Is it that hard to imagine that WASD == Up, left, back, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Good point syxpak. Owning something like that keyboard would be a lot like owning an FX-57... Very nice, but easily replaceable with a little know-how.

I imagine it being horrendously expensive if it ever sees the light of day any time soon. Although I still do want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

God I love the keyboard all ready! I want one now!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Very very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

great looking keyboard, but it'll probably cost an arm and a leg when it's available to buy, did you see the mouse on the same site? i dont think logitech has anything to worry about there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Here's another :)

Ohh, i like the leete taste!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hmmm.
    It will cost less than a good mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭mp3guy

i doubt it'll be cheap, its practically a keyboard with tonnes of mini flat screens

yea...a good mobile nowadays costs 130 minimum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I agree completely with the WASD thing... I generally setup my keys the same for all my games. (eg. 'whatever' key will always be jump etc.)
    What this would be really usefull for is learning the hotkeys for some of the more heavyweight apps out there.
    I wonder could you get the keys to change their displays when a modifyer key like shift, ctrl, alt (etc.) are held down... revealing the additional hotkeys.
    It's a pretty cool gizmo by the looks of things, but it'd have to be seriously cheap to justify it... but there again, some people are just freaks when it comes to buying unusual things for their PCs. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, for workstation apps (AutoCAD, ProEngineer, Maya, Photoshop etc.) it would be handy, but it's totally unjustifiable for gaming.

As for the Zboard - the less said the better <clickity-clack-clack>

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cathalibm

found it in both ebay.ie & amazon.co.uk Prices around 44euro for the keyboard. You can get the BF2 keyboard layout seperate for about 15euro, but you need the keyboard. Catch22!:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Cathalibm wrote:
    found it in both ebay.ie & amazon.co.uk Prices around 44euro for the keyboard. You can get the BF2 keyboard layout seperate for about 15euro, but you need the keyboard. Catch22!:v:

Iv tried one of those Zboards with cs, they sucked! Takes a lot more effort to strike those main keys, the red ones. They are probably good for other games but not cs, you gotta be quick and that added effort doesnt help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

*sigh*

The Optimus Keyboard, at least new news wise, is ancient. It started out as some just a rendered model for that company, then turned into vapourware but now its near actual production. Its all based on OLED technology and...meh, its been discussed at length already...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Yes::Very cool indeed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

That looks excellent, it might not be the most usefull for games, but then again they have 1-5 written on the top of gear sticks, but who looks at those when driving. It would be a great way to just load up a game and get into it without checking out the controls before hand. For things like AutoCAD, Photoshop and any other utility rich program it would be a godsend, as cutting out a mouse doubles, even triples productivity.

I'd get one... for <=€100 though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I want this keyboard ;)
    keyb_002.jpg
    That tempts me alot somehow, of course that IE will have to be changed to Firefox. But there is already a Firefox icon that you can see. I like the donkey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tbh the gameset keyboards are a bit of a gimmick. The Zboard boasta having hundreds of game presets blah blah.

The thing is , nearly every FPS in existence uses the same keys, as does every rts.

Its just a gimmick really with no real purpose.

Its only really something to boast needlessly about having, a rather useless invention in my opinion, plus the xboards are stricken with bugs and sometimes can cause keys not to work at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I've got a Zboard (base keyboard, came with a gaming set aswell), and I think it's quite good actually.
    I don't use the gaming keyset much anymore, the standard keyboard is perfectly fine for gaming.
    Aswell as that, it can record 8 keypresses at once, and there's a whole host of multi-function keys. Not to mention the Bar lock option, which turns the numpad into a set of quick keys for various programs.

Although I'd still consider getting that Optimus keyboard, just for the novelty really though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement