Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Devendra Banhart in The Village July 29th

• 13-07-2005 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I'm really excited about seeing him live, I have one bootleg and he's seems unbelievably good off record.

Is anyone else here going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

yip cant wait. should be a Kool gig alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

i think i might be tempted up the country for this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

^^^
    he's playing in cork aswell \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

sweet jebus you're right. :)

a spotters badge is on its way as we speak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I must check him out, he seems a bit wacky, could be a good show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, I've got my ticket for Devendra. Tower are selling his last two albums for €12 at the moment if you need to get either of them. I still don't have Rejoicing in the Hands, grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

John2 wrote:
    Yeah, I've got my ticket for Devendra. Tower are selling his last two albums for €12 at the moment if you need to get either of them. I still don't have Rejoicing in the Hands, grr!

I was going to wait to get them online, but that's that sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Saw him last night in Cork, top class, people you've got a real treat in store!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

outstanding gig, all the new stuff sounded great too, must see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Saw him in Leeds last year, unique is the only way to describe him, pissed off I'm heading back to Cork the day he is playing.

• Advertisement

I may have a spare ticket for tonight, anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

goo wrote:
    I may have a spare ticket for tonight, anyone interested?

I can't believe I didn't read this earlier... :(

tinka wrote:
    I can't believe I didn't read this earlier... :(

Hate to say it, but the ticket did go spare. The person I bought it for was simply too young to go in, and actually got turned away. It's the first time I've ever seen or heard of it happening, but the bouncer wasn't mean about it, which meant I didn't even feel angry. I felt bad for Karl, though.

That gig was brilliant, I couldn't believe it. The Village was real busy and everyone in the VIP was actually watching. He's so good live, too, which I expected but still stunned by. They all sounded so clear, they were all so talented. I actually asked him to play "Poughkeepsie", which was embarassing, but he played "A Sight to Behold" so I was happy enough. It was cool to see the set balanced out evenly enough with stuff off of "Rejoicing in the Hands", "Niño Rojo" and the new one. I wonder does that Kevin lad use the forum. :)

Anyone who considered seeing him, but didn't, you really should next time. I'd imagine that, even for people who aren't fans, it'd be a brilliant gig to see. They were very entertaining.

goo wrote:
    Hate to say it, but the ticket did go spare. The person I bought it for was simply too young to go in, and actually got turned away. It's the first time I've ever seen or heard of it happening, but the bouncer wasn't mean about it, which meant I didn't even feel angry. I felt bad for Karl, though.

I saw about five people outside who were refused entry for being underage, I actually started to queue behind them! The Village has always been quite strict which is unfortunate because a Devendra Banhart fan is fairly unlikely to cause trouble.

Met the man himself after the show, signed my "Rejoicing in the Hands" CD. Was talking to the guitarist Noah (the one on the right of the stage) for a while. Very sound bloke.

I wasn't sure if he was going to have a full band with him, it worked well.

Yeah, I was expecting just him and a guitar. I was a bit worried when I saw all the equipment on stage but as you say, it worked well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

goo wrote:
    Hate to say it, but the ticket did go spare.

there's no crying smilie face but there should be...

Ah, he'll be back.

Advertisement