Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple one............

Options
  • 18-06-2001 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Been covered I know, looking for it, but must of missed it.
    Basically its dialing out, you know the one, 9 first wait and then dial.

Tried various methods, but no joy.

I have set up systems like this before, I hear the modem dialing, but it will not wait for the dial tone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

it depends what isp software you have set up,
    im sure theres away to do it in the reg, but if you have esat(and im sure alot of others as well) you can select in properties, not to wait for the dial tone,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

try 9,,, thenum
    , will give 2 second delay
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Any time I have done that, I have just stuck a 9 on the front of the number (91891.....)
    And it has worked fine...
    The "add new connection" thungumy in "dialup-networking" gives you the option to put in a prefix, try that.

Or even to make sure that you are dialing out try ringing a mobile or some other phone....

One other thing, you are probably in an office with a phone switch which may block 1891 and certain numbers
    (came across that before, I was well stumped for a while) try using local numbers for the ISP's, i.e. (01)2171101 for eircom.

List of Most ISP's is at...
    http://iiu.taint.org/details/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Yeah thanks JD, only remembered after I left, only requires a single comma.
    Never thought of it sitting there, or when I posted here. Doh wink.gif

Advertisement