Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i have personality disorder?

Options
  • 13-07-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the scoop. Girl i work with i like, she likes me back. All good right?

Enter another guy. He works with me, he's attracted to another girl i work with who likes him back.

Sounds like a perfect situation right?

Enter weird, jealous me. Because i know this guy really likes this girl, i get very competitive and ignore the girl i like. I start competing with this guy over this girl that i really have no interest in. Just becuase i want to prove that she will pick me over him, and i will be the proved the greatest.

End of the day, no body ends up happy. (except maybe the other girl, who likes 2 guys fighting over her)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,315 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No, you're just being a prat. Go get the other woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

If you have the cognitive faculties to realise it's a stupid course of action then you probably have the will-power to stop doing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would suggest that you get over yourself
    if you need to compete, join a sports club or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Score them both, at the same time, on his birthday, in his house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

its sounds like you may fancy this guy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

OP - you are a control freak. I'd bet if you looked at other aspects of your personality you would see that you always want to be in control. e.g. if you are meeting friends for something you might arrive last to have the wait for you and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

Your to competive for your own good, go and get the original girl you liked (if you still can). And all live happy ever after,
    Peace

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought this was fairly common. I get a similar impulse all the time, but rarely end up acting on it (well, not beyond heavy flirting). It's all to do with the thrill of the chase being more exciting than the catch and meal, I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I thought this was fairly common. I get a similar impulse all the time, but rarely end up acting on it (well, not beyond heavy flirting). It's all to do with the thrill of the chase being more exciting than the catch and meal, I would have thought.

Exactly, coz without the chase there wouldn't be a catch, without the catch there wouldn't be a meal and without a meal means someone's gonna go hungry.... right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

No you don't. You're just a tosser. Carry on like that and you'll be a very lonely person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You are aspiring to be the dog in the manger.

Get a coin, toss it to see which girl you should go for. Don't look at it yet, which way do you want it to be ? (if you already know the answer then cold shower and remind yourself of the faults of the other one.)

Advertisement