Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion?

Options
  • 13-07-2005 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

ok. picture this.

about 6 weeks ago, my girlfriend decided we should "mutually" break up.
    i thought i was going to marry this girl so i was a little suprised.
    her reasoning was that we did'nt really get to see enough of eachother, and it would likely continue. shes doin medicine and goes back down the country at weekends. she said, when she was with me, she was annoyed cause she should have been studying, and when she was studying she felt she was neglecting me. and considering she has another million years in college, and i just finished, i suppose the enevitable became fact.

having said that. she was my my best friend ( and yes i realise how unmanly that sounds) and i truely still want to have her as a friend.

However, she went away for three weeks, and has been back for two, and has not replied to any txts ive left. ( only 3, and only plutonic)

why is she doing this. obvious answer is she wants nothin to do with me, but i cant accept that. (even if it is true)

what do you think. all perspectives appreciated.

cheers,

pokermonkey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sounds like there's something more than "lack of time together" going on.
    she said, when she was with me, she was annoyed cause she should have been studying

Is this not reason enough for you to initiate the breakup? I wouldn't like to be in a relationship where I knew I wasn't good enough for my partner. (I'm not implying that you're not, but she must see something wrong with you two being a couple).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i think she's gone for good pokerchimp. you don't want her as just a friend do you? she's made her mind up and she's gone. sometimes she may reply to your messages, sometimes she may not. you're just going to end up frustrated and annoyed. you better hop on a moving on ship. her's has already left.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How long was the relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

ok it sounds a bit harsh, but its out of context. she did also say she felt she was neglectin me when she was studying. and in fairness. its a 50 % pass rate, and you kinda need to know what your doing when it comes to peoples lives.

i would hope so anyway

i actually do still want to be her friend. and i would have no problem if she had a new boyf. sure it would hurt but so does trapping your finger in the door. you get over it.

we went out for over a year. not an eternity i know, but we practically lived together for the bits we werent in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bruachain wrote:
    How long was the relationship?

just over a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

See American Pie, "The window of opportunity is closing". Makes sense, don't blame her if it's true

was that not road trip?

anyway. good quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Meh, same movie:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

okHowever, she went away for three weeks, and has been back for two, and has not replied to any txts ive left. ( only 3, and only plutonic)

why is she doing this. obvious answer is she wants nothin to do with me, but i cant accept that. (even if it is true)

when you break up with someone it's a normal/healthy idea not to see them for a while, this way you can get over them and move on. Perhaps she is just giving herself some time?
    either way, it is over and I think you should just get on with your own life, if in six months you still want to be friends with her, call her up, bet she'd be happy to go for a drink at that stage

Advertisement