Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

military- irish army getting thrashed?

Options
  • 13-08-2001 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

this was posted in admin oh, ages ago......

so to relaunch....
    i have just read a letter in an aviation magazine which contains the following

...consider the Irish Army's most serious "firefight" since 1945, which took place in south Lebanon in 1982. Basically, the Irish UNIFIL contingent, when attacked, fell apart and got slaughtered...

I don't think so.
    Did the guy who wrote this letter not hear of the Congo in the 1960s and all the fighting there? I would have thought that that was far more serious than UNIFIl, and anyway, the army in the Congo were, i believe, peace enforcers rather than peace keepers.
    Where is his proof? Why would the army bother taking on the Isrealis in a serious fight anyway? They are well able to take care of the SLA, they fought them before and hammered them.
    Just bear in mind this guy was English.

The Boss

Advertisement