Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The good ol' days

Options
  • 26-07-2001 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember UFO? Excellent game, very old though.

I've not seen any games in a similar vein in ages, all strategy has gone either rts, iow C&C clones, or stayed rigidly to the old turn based systems.

Anyone got info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Penos

i played UFO!Classic game it was so diffrent Damn i wish i could find the disc frown.gif
    i can only think of one game that uses turn-based emm things!Andonisia war.its not that good tough!well u brought back sum memoreys so i'm going to go and see if i can download UFO!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

YOU ARE NOT THE CONTENTS OF UR WALLET!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

nesf, get X-com Apocalypse. The last of the ufo style games in the series. It is *excellent*...

ah, I used to play UFO on the amiga. Can't get the PC one to work, and if it does, it runs waaaaay too fast. Need something like Moslo.

ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I bought a boxed set of all the X-Com games for £20 in EB about 2 months back.

Has:
    X-Com UFO
    X-Com Terror from the deep
    X-Com Apocalypse
    X-com Interceptor
    and some other X-Com play by email type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Playing it at the moment LoLth, excellent game smile.gif Luckily I got an ancient 486 hanging around for all those nostalgic trips back to UFO, Panzer General and other such biggrin.gif

Can't configure my soundcard for XCOM apoc though frown.gif damn gremlins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Actually the latest game in the mold is Fallout : Tactics. It's basically an Apocalypse clone with the option of real-time and turn-based combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Am, hate to be a smartass, but, apocalyse has that option.

So is it identical then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I know it has that option tongue.gif I have it smile.gif

It's basically identical but different confused.gif It's got a different storyline, different weapons, etc. It's supposed to be more challanging than Apocalypse

Advertisement