Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Battle Isle Series

Options
  • 01-08-2001 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

I'm replaying Battle Isle 3, I had forgotten how steep the difficulty curve is! Anyone else play it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I only ever played the first one, did not like the style or movement system - have either changed in later releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Haven't played the first one, only the second one. The worst thing is that while you can move and attack, you can't attack and then move frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've been replaying BI3 as well but I've been finding the AI rather limited. The only way the computer wins is sheer weight of numbers and every map is the same; sit back and absord the assault, then attack. If you weather the intial attack there's virtually no chance of losing. But I suppose that's a problem with all games......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, I found that on the earlier levels aswell, but when the AI gets rail artillery and other such long ranged weapons, you don't have the choice to hold back, as the comp can destroy you from great distances.

The AI is true to the game though, its basically a stragegic level game, it's very hard to win without sheer numbers or v experienced units. Now if you had more tactical control, that would be cool.

Plus the game has some nice 3-D routines for it's day.

Advertisement