Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snugglesafe heatpad

Options
  • 13-07-2005 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:confused: I live on the south coast where it gets quite cold at night. Somebody recommended I get a Snugglesafe heatpad for our new puppy addtion to the family. Has anyone used one? How do they work? Where can I get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just let the puppy sleep inside in a fairly cool-ish room in a proper dog bed ...it'll be just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I got mine from Pet Bliss.com, I haven't seen them anywhere else but mabey if you shop around. They are excellent.

Basically you put the pad in the microwave on full power for 3 minutes...depending on the wattage of the microwave it will tell you on the box and on the pad itself.
    You need to leave it for a few mins after that and then put it in the pouch and then under the animal. Although unless the pup is very young it might be too warm at the moment but the temperature can change.

They last for hours unlike a water bottle, and aren't easily chewed.
    Easy to wipe clean too.
    They are excellent for animals who have been spayed or have had an op too to keep them warm.

I use them on any rabbits that have been spayed/neutered or for the guinea pigs after their baths to keep them warm. I'm definelty going to get a few more, bit like dog crates, you might not use it all the time but they sure come in very handy in emergencies.

I took a chance and froze mine to keep the guinea pigs cool, I think it says you can on the box anyway.

There's bascially some sort of gel stuff in it that heats up during and a few mins after heating it and it holds the heat.

Oop waffled on a bit but they are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 riclen

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement