Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPSA Newsletter

Options
  • 11-07-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I've decided to delay the publication of the IPSA newsletter until at least Monday next when I should be able to make an announcement in the Competition Section. I want to be able to get this information out to the membership so have delayed publication so that I can include all the relevant details for those who would wish to compete.

SOME INFO (Only guidelines at present)
    Rules as per the current version plus additions "IPSC Handgun Rules"
    Member IPSA or proof of current membership of an IPSC Region
    Proof of having passed a IPSC Standard, Basic Safety and Competition Course
    A Current Licence for the handgun being used in your own Name.
    Min 9mm Cal
    The onus of providing proof,of the above, will lie with the compeditor

Everything isn't finalised yet however I do hope to have good news by next week.

The above rules are only my interpertation and will be ratified and confirmed by the Regional Director so expect additions and changes to some or all of the above.

JD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Hello Gun shy,
    thanks for the update.
    Dvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Gunshy,
    Whats the story with the courses being held to liscense those of us who need one to participate.?Also when and where?Was anything sorted out with MRC?
    Could you phone or PM me?I got a few other questions
    regds

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Whats the story with the courses being held to liscense those of us who need one to participate.?

Unfortunatly we will be unable to offer courses until September for a number of reasons

1. Our Instructor (Range Master) is fully booked up running courses at NITSA till August, as well as having to prepare and compete in the World Shoot in Ecuador also in August.
    2. Due to the delay in the final approval for the MRC Pistol Ranges we were unable to offer courses before this time.
    3. We hope to be able to offer the courses in Sept for somewhere in the region of 150 Euro, this is reasonable considering the course at Nitsa runs at £75.
    5. Targets will be supplied but you will have to supply your own 300 approx. rounds.
    6. We plan on holding at least one Level 1 competition again before Christmas
    7. We also plan on holding an RO's course ASAP but perhaps early in the New Year.
    8. We have received approval to hire the MRC for these Courses
    9. IPSA Training Oficer for Info secretary@ipsc-ireland.org

Newsletter in the post tommorow just finalising some info for same

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

One or two points in relation to the PP Saftey Course, the course is held over two days, normally a Thursday Afternoon ,all Day Friday, pre reads are sent out one week before,the course is limited to 6 shooters, ,the failure rate is in the order or %45, so prepare well before the course, as Gun Shy stated ,you will need at least 300 Rounds, a rig, pistol, and spare mags, we are looking at the last week in September as a date for the first course. All IPSA members will be circulated with a booking form. You must be in possession of a licence for the firearm you intend to use on the course., no exceptions.Location will be Midlands National Shooting Centre. Our instructor is available to run courses on other ranges if required. Please refer to the IPSA web site or PM me direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Thanks Guys.Answerd everything I needed to know :D;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement