Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Arthritic Products for my dog

Options
  • 11-07-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old Red Setter.
    He is nearly 15 years old and he suffers from arthritis in his front legs.
    He has difficulty getting up at times and he cant go for walks any more,he just potters around the garden.
    Apart from that he is very healthy and has a great coat.
    He is not in pain so I will give him another 6 months of life at least.
    Does anyone know any good product around that I could give him to ease the arthritis ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

I've heard that the magnetic collars are meant to be quite good for arthritic dogs, they also do the same in beds.

Spotted these when I was looking for some for a customer :

http://www.magnetictherapy.co.uk/scp/ANIMAL_PRODUCTS/DOG_COLLARS.html

http://www.magnecare.co.uk/html/petcare_products.html

Your poor little pooch - I know my dad suffers from it and its not nice at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Vetzme make a product called Flex joint formulae, and you could try adding a spoonfull of cod liver oil each day, my mother swears by it,the cod liver oil that is.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Try "Cortaflex" it is made by american Equine, I use the human version for myself and my two dogs. It is in liquid form and works quite well.
    You can get it in most horsey type shops.
    The human version is fine for dogs (I asked my vet), has higher concentrations of glucosamine and chondriton than the dedicated animal version, also the dogs seem to prefer the taste. It takes about 2 weeks for it to build up an for you to see results.

Advertisement