Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo question

Options
  • 11-07-2005 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a 98 accord with a Pioneer head unit and cd changer in boot.
    The lcd display on the unit is fukked and there is no sound to the left speaker.

I have no use for the cd changer so I want to swap the unit out for one with just a tuner and a line in/aux for an mp3 player.

Can anyone reccomend a unit which will do this and fit existing pioneer wiring or a place (Dublin City centre or southside) that could sort me out.

Any suggestions on something simple that could be wrong with non-functioing left speaker.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

could be that the wires or the block is damaged that deals witht the left speaker...is there 2 left speaker ie front and back??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As wiring goes, it's probably an ISO - Honda loom wiring the stereo in. If it is, any modern head unit should slot straght in (in theory).

Advertisement