Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need help with in-dash monitor install

Options
  • 10-07-2005 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

i got this 7 " in-dash monitor http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4559641725 but when i connected it to cigarette lighter power all i get is a white blank screen. the screen lights up but i cannot enter menu screen or see video source.could there be an earthing problem or any other cause for it not working right. it will cost me 31 euro to return to germany , so i want to make sure i have installed it right first.
    any advice on how to get it working would be appreciated.

cheers
    mayto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FTO

Most of the those monitors wont come on until the handbrake is up for safety. Their should be a wire that has to be connected to the handbrake or if you want to get around this you can just earth the wire!

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

the only connections for the monitor are red live and black earth wire ,along with cinch video input cables.i used cigarette lighter earth and screen gets power,while using dashboard earth monitor will not power on. there is no handbrake wire. i have my cd/dvd radio handbrake wire earthed so it should show the signal.is there any other way to power /earth this unit to confirm that it is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Should be wired into the stereo loom afaik - can be spliced in - its what I did when fitting TV's in the past to a car. Could be a case that the lighter doesn't have permanent power. You can wire into the memory cable on the loom which should allow you to use it when the ignition is off.

I was told when doing mine that there is sometimes an extra cable that needs to be touched off a live wire to power the unit up - just done once from what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

the unit powers on with acc on,so it is getting power. do i use memory cable for power and earth it off dashboard earth like the stereo .there is only power and earth connectors for monitor as i said.willing to try anything to get it working.

Advertisement