Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin

Options
  • 10-07-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i'm a 15 y/o girl in dublin who wants to give her virginity to her boyfriend. but i'm scared. will it hurt? is it possible to get pregnant first time? what's the best position for the first time??

please reply...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

You'r underage to be having sex! 16 is the legal age and if ye do have sex and it gets found out by yer parents or whoever your boyfriend could be prosecuted of raping you and ye are both under the legal age! You should wait until you are older! There is no rush into having sex and losing your virginity!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

you can also get pregnant anytime if you dont use protection!! i find it amazing people dont actually know that...no offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yes it hurts and yes you'll be quiet sore after. Do not expect to enjoy your first few times. Also you can get pregnant.

You'r underage to be having sex! 16 is the legal age and if ye do have sex and it gets found out by yer parents or whoever your boyfriend could be prosecuted of raping you and ye are both under the legal age! You should wait until you are older! There is no rush into having sex and losing your virginity!
    Actually, 17 is the legal age in Ireland, its 16 in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You'r underage to be having sex! 16 is the legal age and if ye do have sex

Wrong the legal age of consent is 17.
    [quote= http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm ]Age of consent for sexual activity
    The legal age at which a person is currently competent to consent to sexual intercourse is currently seventeen (17) years.[/quote]
    Guide to Contraception

This 'Virtual Guide to Contraception' will help you to decide on the method of contraception most suited to you. It shows all the available methods, explains how they work, how reliable they are and the main advantages and disadvantages.

There are a lot myths around about contraception and how a woman can get pregnant. These are the facts. A woman can still get pregnant:

* If a man pulls out of her vagina before he 'comes'.
    * If she has sex when she has a period.
    * If she is breastfeeding.
    * If it is the first time she has sex.
    * If she does not have an orgasm.
    * If she douches (squirts water or other liquid into the vagina). This can be harmful to women.
    * In whatever position the couple has sex.

[quote= http://www.avert.org/firsttime2.htm]
    How do I know if I'm ready?

If you aren't sure whether you're ready, then you're probably not. Don't feel pressured by your friends . . . just because other teens say they've had sex, doesn't mean you have to. And anyway - are you sure they're telling the truth? Never do anything that both you and your partner aren't totally comfortable with.

What's important is that you feel good about yourself and what you are doing, and that you keep yourself safe. Being safe means not only thinking about physical risks such as pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases but also the emotional risks.

Are you comfortable in your relationship with your partner? Having sex for the first time is something you can only do once, and if you do it at a party with someone you've never met before, you might end up regretting it. Unfortunately, quite a few people never have sex again with the person they lose their virginity to. Make sure you're with the right person and it's someone you trust.

Something else you'll have done if you're ready to have sex for the first time is making sure you have some condoms and that you know how to use them.

It helps if you can plan it in advance - talk to your partner, make sure you're both ready and that you've got condoms sorted out, and any other contraception you might use. Wait until you've got some time to yourselves - having someone walk in when you're halfway through ruins the mood!

"We've sort of decided to wait a bit longer before we do it. I mean, we have kissed and felt each other and all that sort of thing, you know, maybe just going a little bit further each time"
    Take precautions

if you're mature enough to be thinking about having sex, you should be mature enough to be able to discuss condoms. Just because someone's a virgin, it doesn't mean HIV, although it does reduce the chances.

"I know we were both really nervous, but talking and laughing really helped. Plus we were able to make sure nothing drastic happened. Although we loved each other loads we certainly didn't want a baby at seventeen or to put our health at risk. So we went together to the clinic, sorted things out so that there wouldn't be any worries."
    Can you get pregnant your first time?

Yes! You can get pregnant whenever you have sex, and it doesn't make any difference if you do it in a bath or standing up, either. If you don't feel ready to be a parent, use contraception.

"I am 15 my b.f is 16 and we have been going out a couple of months. Well one day it was just me and him all alone in his bedroom. . . . Well the next thing I know we are having sex. It was unprotected. I didn't think that anything could happen to me. But boy was I wrong. Here it is 2 months after we had unprotected sex and now we are going to have a baby."
    Will it hurt?

Many girls worry that it will hurt when they have sex for the first time. It can hurt, but often not a lot, and some girls do bleed a little bit. The bleeding usually occurs because the girl has a hymen which breaks the first time she has sexual intercourse.

"I didn't 'Get Off' and it hurt really bad doing it. Honestly, I never thought it would feel that painful."

". . .But my first time felt so good. SHOCKING!"

The hymen is a small piece of thin skin which goes across the opening of the vagina and protects it when she is young. It has some gaps in it where the blood can come out when she has her period. Sometimes a girl might already having broken her hymen without knowing about it - this can happen as a result of playing sports or horse riding.

[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Karsini wrote:
    Actually, 17 is the legal age in Ireland, its 16 in the UK.
    Its 16 for a guy and 17 for a girl which is actually the most retarded thing ever.Take it for instance that two people were having sex at age 16 and they both wanted to do it the guy would be up for statatory rape which is totally messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Few thoughts -

If you are scared why do you want to do it? You have all the time in the world.

Is your BF pressuring you for sex?

Are you sure you are ready? You dont sound it.

What you are thinking about doing is illegal. You're bf would probably be commiting rape.

Have you or your boyfriend thought about contraception? Condoms at the very minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

LiouVille wrote:
    Yes it hurts and yes you'll be quiet sore after. Do not expect to enjoy your first few times. Also you can get pregnant.
    Didn't hurt me my first time. It's different for everyone.
    I was 15 when I first did it and as long as you trust your boyfriend and you're careful then you should be fine.
    Also,you can get pregnant at any time,even during your period so always use protection.There are times when it's less likely you can get pregnant but it's never impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

tbh by the questions you're asking, it sounds to me like you're not ready for it. Give it time, you'll know when its right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Patricide wrote:
    Its 16 for a guy and 17 for a girl which is actually the most retarded thing ever.
    17 for both sexes for most acts with most sexes. Some acts require you to be a legal adult (18).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

if ye do have sex and it gets found out by yer parents or whoever your boyfriend could be prosecuted of raping you

Likely to happen alright...
    Listen, you are too young but if you decide to do it, be safe and yes it probably will hurt but some girls dont experience pain so you might be one. The main thing is, dont be pressured into it for any reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Patricide wrote:
    Its 16 for a guy and 17 for a girl which is actually the most retarded thing ever.
    We think you are wrong, do you have anything to back up your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Patricide wrote:

Yeh, that does not sound right. Where did u hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

This + **** oral fiend down below = troll methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Shyster wrote:
    tbh by the questions you're asking, it sounds to me like you're not ready for it. Give it time, you'll know when its right.

This is so true. Read all of the advice on offer here, but remember the above statement.

To summarise:
    (a) having sex at 15 is illegal (I know that won't stop you if you really want to)
    (b) You can get pregnant anytime you have intercourse but you can drastically reduce the chance by using contraception, but only when it's used correctly. If you use a condom, it also has the added benefit of preventing sexually transmitted infections.

Most important is to be sure of what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Linoge wrote:
    Yeh, that does not sound right. Where did u hear that?
    Heard it from theese folks who came into our school explaining sex to us thats just what i was told by the folks who came in.But they were from cura i think so imguessing they know there stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

just go with the flow and get him to have condoms on him all the time. but not in his wallet (see other thread). yeah, tell him to keep condoms on him all the time and that any moment you can demand sex from him. that should keep him on his toes.

rule no.1 use a condom.
    rule no.2 don't let anyone bully you into it.

i disagree with everyone else, i think you sound as ready as anyone else that's still a child.

Patricide wrote:
    Heard it from theese folks who came into our school explaining sex to us thats just what i was told by the folks who came in.But they were from cura i think so imguessing they know there stuff

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ireland.htm
    They dont.
    The above webiste contains the legal defination currently under irish law and it currently states the age of consent is 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

There could be something in what you're saying Patricide. I think if a girl is 16, its statutory rape, and if shes younger, its rape, or carnal knowledge or something. There's definetly more to it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Don't get pressured into it by your boyfriend, by your friends, by TV, radio, magazines, society etc etc. It is something that you will probably regret. I'm one of those who believe that sex is more than pleasure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

two things:
    1) how long have you been with him?
    2) having sex at such a young age, and 15 is young regarding this, can do permanent damage to you and your insides....it can affect you having children in later life so wait till your sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

just do it if u fel right don't do it for him just cos he's a horny little fecker...it might hurt i've been wit a couple if virgins and it urt some and was extreme pleasure...but do be safe your bollixed if u get a bun in the oven...its definatly not worth getin preg for...best f luck and hope u enjoy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Patricide wrote:
    But they were from cura i think so imguessing they know there stuff
    I wouldn't rely on infromation from Cura if they were telling you the time of day, never mind on anything important, and especially not on anything to do with sex, reproduction, pregnancy or the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There seems to be quite a lot of miss-information is this thread about rape/statutory rape. As has been said, the legal age of consent is 17, for both sexes. If your boyfriend is 17 or over then even with your consent he will be guilty of statutory rape of you have sex with him. If your parents found out they could have him arrested and prosecuted for it.

If you are both under 17 then neither of you will be committing statutory rape, as you are both under the age of consent. Again if your parents find out, they could conceivably report your boyfriend for raping you (by lieing to the Gardaí or forcing you to lie about what happened). This is an unlikely scenario but is possible. He is not committing rape by having sex with you.

Having said all that, 15 is quite young but if you feel you are ready then it is your choice. If you don't want to do it, and your boyfriend is pressuring you, then tell him to back off. Just remember that a jilted 15 year old may go around calling you frigid and worse so be prepared to defend you decision and stand up for yourself.
    having sex at such a young age, and 15 is young regarding this, can do permanent damage to you and your insides....it can affect you having children in later life so wait till your sure
    You'd do well to ignore statements like this. Unless it's rough, forced or rape then it's unlikely that having sex will damage "your insides". If having sex at 15 prevented you having children then the human race would likely have become extinct thousands of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

he is right, being 15 and having sex isnt gonna damage your "insides" sure it might hurt first, but i doubt it's a health issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Have sex under developed can damage your insides!!

you can get pregnant even if you are wearing a condom!
    you can get hurt!
    you can get torn!

you may even bleed during and or after!

Dont have sex unless you are ready to take on the responciblities of having a child!

Sh!t happens, and a lot of things could happen!

why risk it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

*Page* wrote:
    Have sex under developed can damage your insides!!

you can get pregnant even if you are wearing a condom!
    you can get hurt!
    you can get torn!

you may even bleed during and or after!

Dont have sex unless you are ready to take on the responciblities of having a child!

Sh!t happens, and a lot of things could happen!

why risk it?

Just because she's 15 doesn't mean she's underdeveloped. The rest of it applies to everyone, not just to 15 year olds. And how many people do you know are ready to take on the responsabilities of having a child? Are you ready? Doubtfull, i bet you still have sex though don't you? Why risk it?

There are big differences between how people developed.
    Some 15 year olds are fully developed women and some are not.
    If your body is not ready, then yes it will hurt and damage it and there is the issue of damage to the womb if you are not physically mature enough.

But it is more the just your body you have to mindfull of.
    Once you become sexually active there are all sorts of issues and responsibiltes you have to deal with, and the emotions that go with it.
    Once you start sleeping with your bf you may find that he will want to again and as often as possible, are you prepared for that, and for dealing with him and saying no ?
    Artist: The Shirelles Lyrics
    Song: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Lyrics

Tonight you're mine completely
    You give you love so sweetly
    Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
    But will you love me tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure
    Or just a moment's pleasure?
    Can I believe the magic of your sighs?
    Will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
    You say that I'm the only one
    But will my heart be broken
    When the night meets the morning sun?

I'd like to know that your love
    Is love I can be sure of
    So tell me now, and I won't ask again
    Will you still love me tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Dont do it. Wait till 17. You'll be having sex for most of life so why hurry? Seriously, relax and wait. Once you do it the mystique wears off and you realise that you rushed into it.

There is probably a lot of preasure from peers and Boyfriend but seriously, wait. At the very least dont make your boyfriend a statoury rapist. But think about yourself not him. 2 years out of the average 70 years (human lifespan) is not long to wait in the greater schem of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

youre right dont do it i was going to loose it at the age of 12 not because i preesure or any thing i thought i was old enough and ready and me and my boyfriend had been going out for 10 months and broke up and we still wanted to loose it to eack other and i no you girls look and act like your 15 16 17 and all but you will regret it now it you do it at a young age you want too be able to look back on the day and remember it as a special day not as one you wasted and just think are you ready to have a kid and tell your kid how old you were when you lost it so that way they can think its ok for them or are you ready to support you and your baby or are you ready to have to wake up every morning and worrie about if your pregnant or if you have hiv or std's or aid's there are so many things you have to be prepared for and this is one huge one are you ready to tell this guy/boy that you two are haveing a baby? I know i wasnt and i didnt i think the right age is 16 if nit longer i know how every one is these days thats all they want but you have to stand proud and not let them take it a away from you make sure your in love deeply and you can trust this guy and know that he will be there for you if you girls ever have questions just ask me okay im looking out for every one of you as if you were my sisters

Advertisement