Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waking up in the morning

Options
  • 10-07-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone got some advice on how to get up and out of bed in the morning?

i'm a terrible early-riser and its cost me jobs in the past. i'm just so tired in the mornings sometimes i can hardly walk, sometimes i wake up late with no memory of the alarm going off.

can someone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

do you have a sleep routine? do you goto bed at the same time every night (or every weekday night at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

I think the problem is with your diet. Maybe your anaemic, take some iron supplements, thet'll make you feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

try drinking a pint or two of water shortly before going to bed... it'll make you need to go toilet in the morning.

do you use an electric blanket? if so, dont put on the comfort setting... switch it off completely after you get into bed.

if you are on any medication it could be causing you to be so tired. so talk to your GP about the medication you are on if any.

i find the best thing that works for me is to make it clear in my head that when my alarm clock goes off, i have got to get up. if you dont hear yours sometimes get a different one. a louder one that you can set with ascending volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Yeh, one of them old fashioned ringer alarm clocks will wake you up alright!

Try to get up the same time everyday no matter what. Ie. Try not to sleep in more than an hour at the weekends.

Also, dont ever use the snooze button. Set your alarm cloack for the latest possible time, so if you don't get up straight away, you know for sure that you'll be late for work.

And finally, if all that doesn't help, just literally roll out onto the floor. Its hard to stay sleepy on a hard floor in the cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

i found that regular exercise (jogging) made me less letargic when i woke up - i would be wide awake on waking and very refreshed, other than that try to get regular sleep and not to sleep too much (the more you get the more you seem to need and want)

mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Put the alarm clock on the opposite side of the room, so you have to get up to turn it off. Make sure that it is really loud, and that it doesn't have a sleep function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

During the summer i leave my curtains open, so i wake up a lot faster with natural light filling the room. Drinking water before i go to bed really works for me, that and trying to get to sleep at around the same time every night.

Failing that there's always my three alarm clocks, that are set to go off in 5 minute intervals of increasing loudness.

Advertisement