Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Radar Guns?

Options
  • 10-07-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. i was driving yesterday and seen a guard with a radar gun. lets just say if i was speeding shall i expect a ticket in the post or do they have to pull you over? i know theres a few different types of guns etc but just wondered what this one was. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I would've thought they'd pull you over.

Post stuff like this in the motors section in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

OOOPS.. i forgot about that feel free t move this mods. ye i was thinking they shud have pulled me over but he was parked up and didnt seem bothered as loads of cars were going by :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

They'll just send you a ticket.

John

Lump wrote:
    They'll just send you a ticket.

John

what about penalty points... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nothing will come out of it I reckon..

• Advertisement

Nothing will come out of it I reckon..

I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

If he clocked you, he can just send you the fine. And probably 2 points...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the chaps in motors can probably help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I dont know the law.... was referring to the fact that they wouldn't parttake in a chase.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They must intercept you and take your details unless they have a fixed camera.

So to answer your question, you will hear nothing further. Relax now and breathe.

• Advertisement

Woohoo :d

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bond-007 wrote:
    They must intercept you and take your details unless they have a fixed camera.

So to answer your question, you will hear nothing further. Relax now and breathe.
    not sure what you mean by fixed camera but there are radar gund hooked up to cameras which avoid the need for muldoon to intercept you. However, these are quite limited in use and I suspect the OP is safe from the points system for now.

Advertisement