Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Car Insurance

Options
  • 08-07-2005 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

want an up to date quote on car insurance for a 21 year old male with provisional license on 1.1 ford fiesta for cheep!! ive been lookin at the stickys but the quotes dont seem too good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

clusk007 wrote:
    want an up to date quote on car insurance for a 21 year old male with provisional license on 1.1 ford fiesta for cheep!! ive been lookin at the stickys but the quotes dont seem too good

they won't be any good.... sorry , buts its a case of bend over and take it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

well does anyone get any good quotes recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's no such thing as cheap car insurance if you've got a penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Stephen wrote:
    There's no such thing as cheap car insurance if you've got a penis.

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

my 22 year old cousin is on a provisional and is getting quoted €1900 on a 1.2 . Thats about the best you can hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Check out the Ignition course from Hibernian. http://www.hiberniandirect.ie/direct/HibernianDirectWeb/ignition.jsp

You might get better rates by signing up to the course. Also look at Traksure http://www.axa.ie/car/traksure.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

No matter what, you're going to get screwed

Im 21 with a provisional on a 1.2L and my quote is €2500

The only way you will get a decent quote is if you are driving on a full license with over a 5 years no claims bonus with a current insurer..

Or Get a sex change while on a provisional license with the biggest car you can find and you'll be guaranteed a nice cheap female quote, no matter how many cars you right off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭retenzo

ste kelly whose your cousin insured with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

clusk007 wrote:

I'm 21 and i just got insured on a punto i think its either 1.1 or 1.2 but i got insured with AXA for €1100 :D

Full or provisional licence? In your own name or on someone else's policy?

I'm 22 with a full licence paying €1300 for TPF&T on a 1.25 fiesta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Quinn direct seem to offer nice quotes for high performance cars (and other high risk categories maybe) at the moment, but beware the €4,000 EXCESS small print. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Oh Boy!

528i wrote:
    Quinn direct seem to offer nice quotes for high performance cars (and other high risk categories maybe) at the moment, but beware the €4,000 EXCESS small print. :eek:

Hi 528i, don't know where you're getting the 4 grand excess out of, i work for Quinn Direct, the excess for all motor policies is €250. And it's going to be reduced to €190 in 2 weeks!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The €4000 excess is indeed an interesting option. As Oh Boy! says it's not with QD. It might be with this new outfit called XS direct

123.ie gives me the following quote for a brand new €300k or whatever :eek: 911 GT2
    Quotes are as follows: Premium Details Standard Excess Windscreen Cover Bonus Protection Driving Other Cars (Third Party Only) Breakdown Assistance € 1155.77 Details € 4,000 No None Yes if over 25 No € 1657.30 Details To Be Advised Included Step Back Yes if over 25 No

This thread is putting the shíts up me, I'll be getting my full license soon and the car I'm getting is an E30 320i. Fuk! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just tried 123.ie Discount Insurance and got this back for a 1990 Mercedes 190e 2.0ltr.
    Quotes are as follows:

€ 502.36
    € 548.82
    € 609.37
    € 724.12
    € 1761.34

Pity they don't specify the names of the insurers!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I just tried 123.ie Discount Insurance and got this back for a 1990 Mercedes 190e 2.0ltr.

Mike.

Was that for my attention? Thanks if it was. That's quite a range of prices. I'll work something out, still have a bit of time before worrying about all this. Just gonna push it down as far as I can so that it'll resurface in years to come in the form of anger, aggression and most likely road rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I got a good quote from Brittion today(by good I mean in todays market, its still a shocking quote) Based on being 18/m living in kildare on a prov licence in a 1L polo it was €2700

retenzo wrote:
    ste kelly whose your cousin insured with

Quinn direct

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I suggest that you get a parent if possible to be the policy holder, and you go as a named driver. I just paid mine on a 1.3 (I think?) Punto and it was €330 for the year.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I got 2 on the same car

€ 1710.75
    € 5025.34

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    I got 2 on the same car

€ 1710.75
    € 5025.34

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

go to hibernian they are cheap for young drivers. i got a quote of 1400 fully comp on my own policy for a o5 golf 1.4
    thats the best quote i got so far for the past years.i am only 20(i'll be 21 next month):D

Hibernian won't quote me cos I have my full licence less than 3 years, the cúnts.

Im having a few issues with Hibernian with regard my policy and named drivers at the minute. My insurance on my own on my 94 2.0l accord is €2060 TPF&T which I was prepared to pay. I then discovered it dropped to €1533 when I added my ex (down as my partner, sssh dont tell hibernian :) ) . So all that is good. So for the last monthe and I half this is my policy. Now I'm going away for a week in two weeks time so I was going to put my dad on my policy temporarily if possible, but permenatly if short term is not an option.

Grand I say, but as its sunday and nearly 10 o'clock I cant check the cost with hibernian so I went onto their websites and got new qoutes, and they match the old ones, but when I add my 47 yearold father to the policy it jumps from €1533 to €2254. WTF?

€720 extra for a 47 year old named driver? I would expect to be able to go as a named driver on his policy for that sort of money.

Advertisement