Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imogen Heap anyone?

Options
  • 08-07-2005 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Anybody a fan of Imogen Heap? I downloaded(legally) Hide and Seek after I heard it in the last episode in season 2 of The OC and ever since ive been getting numerous songs by them and cant get over how good I think they are :p

My favourites : Hide and Seek,Sweet Religion,Goodnight and Go,Candlelight

I would actually like to recommend Hide and Seek to all of you,listen to it a few times to get an idea of what she is capable of :) great song..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

I love Hide & Seek! Its such an atmospheric song! I heard it first in the OC too. It's now on my mp3 getting regular play!

I read somewhere that Imogen Heap and Frou Frou are the same band.... or something? You know Frou Frou who sing Let Go at the end of Garden State, and also they sing Holding Out For A Hero in Shrek 2 - both great tracks...
    Anyway, what's the story with that? Are they the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

listening to her now. Great stuff!! I knew I had heard her voice before, both from The O.C. and Garden State.

'Goodnight and Go' is gorgeous song. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Aye, she is in the Duo called Frou Frou also.. Check them out tis a good album, called "Details".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Really like Goodnight and Go from the OC soundtrack. Think you can stream the whole song on www.musicfromtheoc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

old post ;)

was trying to fight out who she was, she's on the pilot of a great us tv show called the black donnellys aswell, which has a lot of good music in it.

http://www.tv.com/the-black-donnellys/show/49534/summary.html?q=black%20donnellys&tag=search_results;title;0

Remembered her from the garden state soundtrack so with a bit of cross referencing i finally got the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

She's got some great stuff but some crap too. Her early stuff is a bit wannabe Tori Amos/Sarah McLachlan but once she copped herself on and developed her own voice and sang in her own accent she really came into her own. The Frou Frou album Details is just brilliant - the first track I ever heard from her was "Let Go" on the Garden State soundtrack. Her first album iMegaphone has a few good tracks (Shine, Angry Angel, Useless, Come Here Boy and Whatever are my faves) and her latest one Speak for Yourself wasn't bad but I stil prefer the Frou Frou stuff her vocals are fantastic on that album it's just impeccably produced.
    Mind you, I'll never forgive her for covering Holding Out For a Hero on the Shrek 2 soundtrack!
    I saw her do a few tracks live on one of the big festivals during the summer that were broadcast on TV she looks a bit mad! Just her and a load of tech equipment but I enjoyed the performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I didn't know there was an existing thread on Imogen... I just started one not too long ago in another thread!
    But yesh, she's one of my favorites. Love her style and her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you think she is good on record then you should check her out live if you can. I had the pleasure of touring with a band in Germany where Imogen was also on the bill, she is amazing live. The audience were just watching open mouthed, hairs standing on end on the backs of their necks. Mine included. She is a lovely woman too.

Advertisement