Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral ***

Options
  • 08-07-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Just a quick bit of knowledge needed. Is there some kind of cream/gel/spray etc that you can use down below on both male and female to mask the rather unpleasant whiff found down below? And if so, does the likes of Ann Summers or Miss Fantasia sell it?
    Myself and the missus would love to get more involved in that region, but the smell really is seriously off putting.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

there really shouldn't be an unpleasent smell down there at all...generally speaking anyway.

why not have a shower togther first and then do it, that should heighten the excitement as well as removing the smell. The key to good oral is to be completely comfortable while doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Wash.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Iago wrote:
    there really shouldn't be an unpleasent smell down there at all...generally speaking anyway...

agreed
    if it's as bad as you say, perhaps going to the doctor and getting checked out for an infection might be in order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Wash.

Theres your answer there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I agree, it really shouldnt smell bad down there. A nice shower does the trick and willy drops from Anne Summers rock! Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Of course there is the option of washing, but that really takes any spontanaity away from the moment, it's what we've done before. It isn't a very strong smell, but when you have your face that close to someone and they are excited, it does smell a little. I don't think it's so strong it warrants a visit to the doctor, but it is smelly. Perhaps I'm just not being man enough, or it could be I have a sensitive sniffer (it's kinda big!).

Thanks for the advice so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is it one or both of you that smells??? why dont you try having a shower or bath together?? That way ur guaranteed to both smell rosey and can be quite romantic.... Although I would see a doctor if its really bad, that doesnt sound right at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Wash, cut the onions, garlic and spicy food out of your diet. And eat sweet fruit ie pineapple, papaya etc makes both parties taste sweeter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

but it is smelly

seriously, it really shouldnt be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Put some smelling salts just outside ur nostrils, like the nobles used ta do when perusing the carnivale...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the_obsolete, no unhelpfull comments.
    Please read the charter,
    have a nice day,
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

washing daily will solve that problem..unless you have something (thrush even)

No no thaed, it was actually an honest suggestion, what better way to get rid of a smell than by substituting it with a stronger smell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

as peeps are saying washing does help unless it's a bit more.. however if it's a case of yourself and gf just don't liek the smell ( as one of my Ex's didn't )

i used chocolate sause ( She loves chocolate so that was nice and handy)
    while on the woman it's a bit more complicated i've found Jelly to be best ...

or simple Ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

To the people who say it shouldn't smell, do you mean that it shouldn't smell at all!? cos that doesn't sound right.

i can't speak for the woman but how do you wash yourself? No need to go into detail but do you wash thoroughly and daily?

Other than that, drink lots of water and try and cut down on nasty food, as someone else said try and eat plenty of fruit, cut down on dairy products and fish etc. If it's still really bad then you'll just have to shower before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Iago wrote:
    there really shouldn't be an unpleasent smell down there at all

May be the stairway to heaven, but it sure doesnt smell like it. I wouldnt say that i have even experienced a smell to rival a bed of roses but certainly not "uhhh" unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

What about intimicy wipes??

you use them to clean that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goingmental

not joking but try and eat some live yogurts,, combat over production of yeast which leads to smell,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Goingmental has a good tip there. all natural yogurts will keep the good bacteria in your body healthy and help them fight bad bacteria that causes smells. Eat it, dont use it down there though. It'll sting like crazy if she or you has something wrong and she wont like you for it.

If she suffers from thrush she needs to see a doctor - but you would also need to get treated because it could be passed back and forth. If you do give oral without knowing if she suffers from thrush, then you could also suffer with your mouth (- dont ever suck a baby's dummy to clean it because you could pass it on to the baby that way.)

It shouldnt smell. Washing "down there" is something women should be doing daily since they got to the age of menstruating, if they hadnt been doing it before then. Daily douches, sprays, feminine deodarants are the complete wrong things to use. They change the pH of the vagina and can lead to thrush and soreness for a woman.

Washing before oral can put off spontaneity but if its happening in the evening or night, and she's had a daily wash that morning, it shouldn't smell unless there's something wrong.

If she's a stronger smelling woman than you experience before (if any, i dont know, I'm not saying anything to be mean or bad) and the daily washes dont help, try cream from a can (it can add a lot of laughs - the whipped cream bikini?), syrup like you'd use for pancakes, honey - anything liquid and tasty. But remember to wash it off afterwards because that could do the same as mentioned above.

Most of all - have fun trying out some stuff. Ann Summers do body paints etc, so if you dont want to be seen shopping in case your neighbours or workmates see you, try online.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No no thaed, it was actually an honest suggestion, what better way to get rid of a smell than by substituting it with a stronger smell?

with something that is harsh and so strongly alkine that it will burn sensitive skin never mind more intimate parts?

OP both drink 2 to 3 litres of water the day before, wash and get some really ripe strawberries ( make sure your partner is not allergic), they will squish easily under a bit of pressure from you fingers or as you rub the along your partners skin, or take a few of them and crush them in your fist and let the juice drip down between your fingers on to the required area.

Do not add cream in this weather it sours easily with heat and it is not a good idea to introduce the natural occuring bateria in cream to certain areas of the body.esp if there may be a possible problem. IF the problem persists do go to the doctor it could be something as simple as a yeast infection and you could both have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Many thanks guys and girls,

It's interesting to see what advice/suggestions folks had. I can't say I'm an expert in this area, so it's always good to seek some help. Will take onboard EVERYTHING that's been said, and will hopefully have somemore fun!

Thanks a bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Belladonna

I don't know what the posters meant when they wrote that women shouldn't smell. That area does have a very distinctive smell to it when we become aroused, which my bf said if a very sexy smell and he said most men love it.
    Ofcourse you should clean every day, and if you want it to be spontanious she can do what I do. When I know I am going to be alone with him I usually go to the toliet first anyway and then I do a little "freshining up" after. That way even if it's late at night and I haven't had a proper bath sine the morning I feel fresher and ready for anything. :D

Apologies so Thead, didn't cop that it'd irritate sensetive skin and unmentionables!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

A slight smell should be almost erotic, if there is no smell then there is nothing there to heighten the senses. Taking a bath/shower can wash some of the natural pheramones etc. away.

Be brave - lots of saliva and it'll be ok! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Belladonna wrote:
    That area does have a very distinctive smell to it when we become aroused, which my bf said if a very sexy smell and he said most men love it.

Has your bf been with many men? Not all men like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

eo980 wrote:
    Of course there is the option of washing, but that really takes any spontanaity away from the moment, it's what we've done before. It isn't a very strong smell, but when you have your face that close to someone and they are excited, it does smell a little. I don't think it's so strong it warrants a visit to the doctor, but it is smelly. Perhaps I'm just not being man enough, or it could be I have a sensitive sniffer (it's kinda big!).

Thanks for the advice so far.

From what you've said there it sounds like its just her thats a little pongy....

Maybe she doesnt wash often enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

She could get them Fem Wipes .. (Think thats the name of them anyway) You'll find them with tampons etc. There mostly used for during a period but she could always use them everyday to get rid of any nasty smells down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Hmm, well I know mornings and after a few drinks my girlfriend gets funky, but it's nothing that would turn me sour... Generally it's just sweat or excessive amounts of natural lube because she was turned on a few hours previously, it dried, and gets stanky.

She just uses those kandoo things, after a bit of an antisepticy taste every thing is fresh and ready for consumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Belladonna wrote:
    I don't know what the posters meant when they wrote that women shouldn't smell.
    Smell yes, smell bad no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Put some smelling salts just outside ur nostrils, like the nobles used ta do when perusing the carnivale...
    :)

Advertisement