Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Skool supercars or Old

Options
  • 08-07-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

With the latest threads, spots on streets and talk of some of the new supercars on our roads (more so in the uk at the moment) I'm just interested in seeing what you think - new skool or old :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

It's gotsta be old.

Ferrari 288GTO
    Lamborghini Miura, Countach
    E-Type
    300SL Gullwing

I like the new Lambos, but Ferrari haven't made a beautiful car in a while, and the Carrera GT is just bland.

I think it all went pearshaped with the 959/F40/F50/F60 hypercars.

McLaren F1 was pretty special too, but from some angles looks decidedly kit car.

The Pagani & Koenigsegg breed are just ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Interesting thread Ciarsd.
    I think it needs to be broken down into era's, 60's, 70's, 80's etc.

Personally,
    I feel that modern supercars cars are much more 'clinical' (for want of a better word).
    The driving force behind design is the technology being used to squeeze every drop of performance from these machines.
    But gut feeling, sound and ergonomics are much more important imo, but with a good dose of performance required aswell.

AC Cobra, need I say more.
    I think I need to go back and edit my '5 cars in your garage' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

prospect wrote:
    Interesting thread Ciarsd.
    I think it needs to be broken down into era's, 60's, 70's, 80's etc.

Personally,
    I feel that modern supercars cars are much more 'clinical' (for want of a better word).
    The driving force behind design is the technology being used to squeeze every drop of performance from these machines.
    But gut feeling, sound and ergonomics are much more important imo, but with a good dose of performance required aswell.

AC Cobra, need I say more.
    I think I need to go back and edit my '5 cars in your garage' thread.
    What about Muscle Cars, Truly icons!!!!
    This is my one! Not me in pic by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

F40 or 288GTO - F40 didn't have that many gizmos in comparision to an Enzo, still required physical ability/strength, I'm lead to believe.

288GTO is just...alarming.

Don't know if this counts. but with the necessary readies I'd add this:

Am I Super???

It's 'Super' in that it was engineered for a specific purpose, to go as fast as possible in certain (all) conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

The 959 and the XJ220 are my fav super cars ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got to be Old School, after all where's the fun in spending a fortune and everything works properly (excepting Clarksons alarm!)?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Old Skool all the way, mid-60s up to early 80s (as late as a 205 GTI T16, which I would class -just- as a supercar) specifically...

Wouldn't say no to a Dino (yeah, I know it's not the most 'super' of supercars) and would sell soul for a genuine '427 Cobra.

Advertisement