Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorpions in Ireland??

Options
  • 08-07-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

So I had a scary dream last night involving scorpions, are there any in Ireland??

I doubt it, but ye never know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

only those kept as pets

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

theres one about two foot away from me :eek:

where did you buy it?

the nice chap down in reptile heaven, for a not nice price :(

i was in there yesterday didn't see any.

• Advertisement

when i got my ween, earlier this year, he had three or four emperors just in

tbh if ya want one, get em one over from the UK, much cheaper by the looks of it

nah don't want one i want a tiger. a particularly endangered one.

postage on the scorpion is way cheaper but

actually, i just wanted its penis, for aprodisiac reasons. well, eh, not for me, for a friend. yeah, a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I know there is a basketball ball team called the lisburn scorpions in Northern Ireland. Don't know about the Insect variety though. They probably went with snakes after st. pat banished them yrs ago.

Regards netwhizkid

• Advertisement

Did you just infer a scorpion is an insect? shame on you. shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Intersting program on the other night where they showed one ( of many) colonies of scorpions at the London docklands which came in originally as stowaways.
    The guy went along a wall with a UV light (scorpions fluoresce under UV) and there were literally hundreds of them along one stretch of wall.

pity i missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Scorpion as a pet.

Why.

why not? are you trying to imply that no animal should be kept as a pet? or that only domesticated animals should be kept as pets, such as dogs, cats and cows?

A lot of ppl with scorpions and snakes actually call them selfs hobbyists. but the bottom line is the same.

Or are you asking why would someone want to have a scorpion as a pet because they're so creepy or boring?

A lot of people find all animals interesting, especially exotic creatures you'd never see in the wild. Unlike people with dogs or cats, they don't expect entertainment from them. They're not interested in throwing sticks etc. They're interested in providing a healthy enviroment, similar to natural conditions, free from pain, thirst, hunger and suffering, and allowing their creature to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I agree with Kevin, I currently have 2 Tortoises, 2 tarantulas, one cat and an African Grey Parrot, they are way more interesting than the average pet. It's a challenge keeping some exotic pets but that's part of the allure for me, I have bred reptiles in the past, and looked upon it as a conservation measure of sorts. Never kept scorpions tho, but I have thought about it... hmm maybe I'll look in to it :-)

Advertisement