Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - missed pill

Options
  • 08-07-2005 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my girlfriend missed a pill in the 1st week. She missed day 5. She usually starts on a sunday and takes it in the morning, she is usually very good and never forgets but this time, on thursday she forgot to take it. She noticed that evening,approx 8.30pm that she forgot to take it that morn and took it immediately, so it is approx 13-14hrs late.

The thing is,on the sun and mon nite, i.e. Day 1 and 2 of her pill, we had unprotected sex.

Is there a chance she could be pregnant? It is too late aswell to use morning after pill as I have read this is only useful up to 72hrs, so we have gone over that.

Would the fact that she she took 4 days regularly and the 5th days was about 14hrs late, mean that it should be ok? She is on jasmin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The odds are against her being pregnant, but there is a higer risk than if she hadn't missed the pill.

Read the leaflet that comes with the pills for how long you should use other forms of contraception after a missing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Your best bet would probably be to call into her GP and ask them, because they would be able to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

I was going to say exactly what tinkerbell said, they would be the person to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

she called the doc in family planning and he said it's fine so all should be ok, he said the fact that she took 2 pills the days after, it's ok.

I sort of guessed the same myself but with these type things, it's handy to get re-assurance.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't know how Jasmin works, as I'm on another pill, so I agree with a previous poster, first read the leaflet, and then get thee to a doctor or family planning clinic if you are still worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Tell your gf to put a reminder on her phone, that's what my gf does. Everymorning she gets a 'pill alarm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bulmers wrote:
    Hi,

my girlfriend missed a pill in the 1st week. She missed day 5. She usually starts on a sunday and takes it in the morning, she is usually very good and never forgets but this time, on thursday she forgot to take it. She noticed that evening,approx 8.30pm that she forgot to take it that morn and took it immediately, so it is approx 13-14hrs late.

The thing is,on the sun and mon nite, i.e. Day 1 and 2 of her pill, we had unprotected sex.

Is there a chance she could be pregnant? It is too late aswell to use morning after pill as I have read this is only useful up to 72hrs, so we have gone over that.

Would the fact that she she took 4 days regularly and the 5th days was about 14hrs late, mean that it should be ok? She is on jasmin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah she is pregnant and will have 5 babies each a different color one after another.

Or for a more definitive answer I think she should consult her GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

She could be pregnant but she's probably not.
    That's the thing with the pill, you don't know if it hasn't worked until it's too late!
    Tell her to set an alarm on her phone or something in future.

Also if she's stressing too much bout things she may worry herself into missing her next period.

Have a fun month Bulmers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

says something about ok if taken within 12 hours on the packet i read from my gfs bag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You should be covered. Dont sweat it. Its designed to be moderately flexible in such situations.

But not perfect. There is a tiny chance....

• Advertisement
Advertisement