Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got into the army

Options
  • 08-07-2005 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

well lads i finally got it after trying to get back into it the past two years i start on the 21st of july will be trained in clonmel which is even better cos i always up there cos the girlfriend from there can,t wait when got the letter wednesday was smilimg from ear to ear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Congrats dude and best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

cheers i,m looking forward to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

nice one hope it works out man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

congrats, but during basic recruit training you will have 2 hopes of seeing our girlfriend....

Nuttzz wrote:
    congrats, but during basic recruit training you will have 2 hopes of seeing our girlfriend....
    actually thats where your wrong was in it 3yrs ago in the 4th inf bn in cork and was home every weekend it either the 12th inf bn or cav sqdn that are training us in clonmel

• Advertisement

cheers lads i,m definately looking forward to it and the start of my career

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

phelo05 wrote:
    cheers lads i,m definately looking forward to it and the start of my career

Congrats phelo :)

thanks deisegirl

phelo05 wrote:
    actually thats where your wrong was in it 3yrs ago in the 4th inf bn in cork and was home every weekend it either the 12th inf bn or cav sqdn that are training us in clonmel

what is the army comming to??? :D

It will be the 12bn training you, the cav sqn there is a reserve one.

Do you mind me asking what made you go back considering you were there 3 years ago?

Good luck with it!!! :)

Nuttzz wrote:
    what is the army comming to??? :D

It will be the 12bn training you, the cav sqn there is a reserve one.

Do you mind me asking what made you go back considering you were there 3 years ago?

Good luck with it!!! :)
    well i was 17 the first time lasted 14 of the 16 wks recruit training and found it hard so i said i,ll give it a few years and come back and thats what i,m doing. i take it that it cavalry that training cos there was a cav officer on the interview panel when i got interviewed last year in clonmel. there,s a regular sqdn there as well not just f.c.a. that barracks also holds the fca hq for the southern command area

• Advertisement

phelo05 wrote:
    well i was 17 the first time lasted 14 of the 16 wks recruit training and found it hard so i said i,ll give it a few years and come back and thats what i,m doing. i take it that it cavalry that training cos there was a cav officer on the interview panel when i got interviewed last year in clonmel. there,s a regular sqdn there as well not just f.c.a. that barracks also holds the fca hq for the southern command area

Officers that make up interview boards can come from any unit in the brigade not just in clonmel, the 1st cav were in collins in cork the last time i was there :D

it doesnt really matter if they are cav or 12bn its all the same training, best of luck with it :D

Nuttzz wrote:
    Officers that make up interview boards can come from any unit in the brigade not just in clonmel, the 1st cav were in collins in cork the last time i was there :D

it doesnt really matter if they are cav or 12bn its all the same training, best of luck with it :D
    cheers bud. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

cool, are you going to go fight some Nazis?

Sandals wrote:
    cool, are you going to go fight some Nazis?
    what ya on about? this the irish army we,re on about, we,re peacekeepers and in liberia we,re peace enforcers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

what ya on about? this the irish army we,re on about, we,re peacekeepers and in liberia we,re peace enforcers

Who gives a fook what they are. Everyone regards yis as a pack of deaf useless monkeys anyways, ya innocent 12 yr old. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

boardsee wrote:
    Who gives a fook what they are. Everyone regards yis as a pack of deaf useless monkeys anyways, ya innocent 12 yr old. :rolleyes:

^^ your a dic*head ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 armyboy05

boardsee wrote:
    jez the abuse and for your info the irish army are very well trained in fact the irish army ranger wing are the second best special forces unit in the world before the sas,or delta or us rangers and are regarded as the best peace keeping force in the world. why do u think there,s a U.N. international training collage in the curragh??? if we,re useless then the brits or the yanks must be terrible cos we better than them even though they might have better and more expensive equipment than ours.

^^ your a dic*head ^^
    you hit the nail on the head there rollo tamasi :D

the U.N. would prefer to send the irish into a war torn country before the brits or the yanks for the simple fact is that the irish army are respected worldwide and would be welcomed anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

boardsee wrote:

And you are more useful how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Originally Posted by phelo05
    If your in the know then how the feck did they sail up the river in times of no inboard or outboard motors smart ass

Originally posted my Marcopolo85
    Not being a smart ass, Homer! Merely stating a fact - one in which I was proved right! Apparently the reason for this is because the river is very shallow in parts and the boats have to be piloted up. If they were in full sail they could run aground. And you're in the Reserve Naval Force? I'll definitely sleep sounder in my bed tonight!!

For gods sake just read that: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=277267

Phelo just calls everyone a smartass after his own atempth to be a smartass backfired and his lack of knowledge made him look the dumbass. And learn how to write English phelo.

Ok, i may have over abused, i agree the Irish army arent all idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I don't see the point of slagging off someones choice of career. The Irish defence forces are small yes, and personally I'm not a fan of how they are run. But they are well regarded internationally, even if they don't have the battle honors of other Armies.

Well done, phelo05. Hope it all works out for you. But you need to grow up a bit based on that other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I hope the army teach him to be stealthier.

If setting up a new account to get around a ban, don't bloody well say you've done so in another forum. That's just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 veedub05

Talliesin wrote:
    I hope the army teach him to be stealthier.

If setting up a new account to get around a ban, don't bloody well say you've done so in another forum. That's just stupid.
    he would wouldnt he flipping idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

boardsee banned for idiocy beyond the call of duty.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

armyboy05/phelo05/ banned for use of multiple accounts.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what a moron

mike65 wrote:
    boardsee banned for idiocy beyond the call of duty.

Mike.
    fair play mike he was starting to annoy me

mike65 wrote:
    armyboy05/phelo05/ banned for use of multiple accounts.

Mike.
    mike you better ban me again cos this is phelo05/armyboy05 lol lol lol

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what a moron
    i aint a moron mossy i just like messing

Advertisement